• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Pop Up Login

Hi

Before I start building this myself, has anyone released an addon which would add a time delayed pop up login/sign up box?
For example, lets say a guest has been on our site for 30 seconds, browsing around, I want a box to appear that basically will say, "hi, you've had a good look round, why dont you sign up, its free, easy and we're awesome" :)
Be grateful if anyone has anything.....

and it would have to know if that user was a member and when not to load. or even an alternative massage could be displayed for members????

John L.

I know there are user messages that someone has developed that encourages users to join when they are browsing. But beware of pop-up's, it's not the answer you seek. If I was on a web site and an annoying pop-up disrupted what I was reading asking me to join I would effectively leave the site.

Pop Up != Registration

Thanks John, i was thinking a neat slide across style graphic not really a traditional "pop-up"
Anyway can you point me in right direction to what you have seen?

dutchbb

I recommend against it to be honest. If someone wants to register they will. I find it very annoying when I visit a site and they shove a pop-up in front of content I'm viewing.

Many forums have done an alternative to this, which I think is much better. They just show a short guest message on the top of each page, explaining the benefits of becoming a member. I am much more inclined to register at those forums.

Many forums have done an alternative to this, which I think is much better. They just show a short guest message on the top of each page, explaining the benefits of becoming a member. I am much more inclined to register at those forums.
Can you give an example of "short guest message" so we can get an idea of what wording works?