• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Pop Up Login

phatollie

Hi

Before I start building this myself, has anyone released an addon which would add a time delayed pop up login/sign up box?
For example, lets say a guest has been on our site for 30 seconds, browsing around, I want a box to appear that basically will say, "hi, you've had a good look round, why dont you sign up, its free, easy and we're awesome" :)
Be grateful if anyone has anything.....

and it would have to know if that user was a member and when not to load. or even an alternative massage could be displayed for members????

I know there are user messages that someone has developed that encourages users to join when they are browsing. But beware of pop-up's, it's not the answer you seek. If I was on a web site and an annoying pop-up disrupted what I was reading asking me to join I would effectively leave the site.

Pop Up != Registration

Thanks John, i was thinking a neat slide across style graphic not really a traditional "pop-up"
Anyway can you point me in right direction to what you have seen?

I recommend against it to be honest. If someone wants to register they will. I find it very annoying when I visit a site and they shove a pop-up in front of content I'm viewing.

Many forums have done an alternative to this, which I think is much better. They just show a short guest message on the top of each page, explaining the benefits of becoming a member. I am much more inclined to register at those forums.

Many forums have done an alternative to this, which I think is much better. They just show a short guest message on the top of each page, explaining the benefits of becoming a member. I am much more inclined to register at those forums.

Can you give an example of "short guest message" so we can get an idea of what wording works?

Can you give an example of "short guest message" so we can get an idea of what wording works?

What's up and thank's for visiting our site, if you enjoy this place and would like to take this message off of every page grind out a registration here and kick flip your feet up and enjoy your favorite digital skatepark.

Top Bottom