Fixed  Poll - Check Mark Rendering

I tested with 2 other browsers on PC #2 (WinXP, SP3)

FF3.6: as said, works
IE8: works not
Google Chrome: works not
On these 2 I see a square.

There should be a text for alt on it like 'your vote'. Otherwise it's kind of irritating.
We can't have an alt text for that, since it's a plain unicode character and not an image.
But I definitely agree that it must be annoying to have it not show up properly!

I have no problems with vista and FF3 or IE8. Both work for me

But the idea with the little icon is a very good idea

We can't have an alt text for that, since it's a plain unicode character and not an image.
But I definitely agree that it must be annoying to have it not show up properly!
You can provide a title attribute though so that it shows 'Your vote' when you hover over it.

You can provide a title attribute though so that it shows 'Your vote' when you hover over it.

I would not want to come back a year later figuring out which one of the 30 possible votes is the one I actually voted one by having to hover and idle and hover and idle, etc ..

I would not want to come back a year later figuring out which one of the 30 possible votes is the one I actually voted one by having to hover and idle and hover and idle, etc ..
If the character doesn't render then you naturally move towards it. Applying a title attribute allows you to:
  1. Identify what the character is trying to show
  2. Associate the character with an action (or in this case, what you voted for in the poll)

This way you will only need to hover over the icon every now and again. :)

This has been an issue as long as I can remember on this site. I have no idea what is supposed to show up.

Can anyone post up a tiny screen shot of what it is supposed to look like?

Top Bottom