[OzzModz] Conversation Read Check Mark

[OzzModz] Conversation Read Check Mark 2.0.3

No permission to download
@mcatze Indeed yeah there's already an existing option for font-awesome and I forgot to look at the second attachment in front of me. Forgive my ignorance.

To make your life easier, @ozzy47 , I have added a zip with a reworked template.xml and a new graphic to this post.

This contains:
  • showing unread, when conversation is unread
  • uses fa-eye and fa-eye-slash for better recognition
  • added a red minus png, when using images instead of fa
  • changed the image path from /styles/Snog/Checkmark/ to ./styles/Snog/Checkmark/, so the image is found, even when the forums reside in a subdir.
What needs to be done is,
  • to create a new phrase snog_checkmark_conversation_notread and
  • to add the $recipient.last_read_date into the phrase snog_checkmark_conversation_read.
Regards,
Chris.

Attachments

changed the image path from /styles/Snog/Checkmark/ to ./styles/Snog/Checkmark/, so the image is found, even when the forums reside in a subdir.
The proper fix for this would be...

Change:
{{ base_url('/styles/Snog/Checkmark/check.png') }}

To:
{{ base_url('styles/Snog/Checkmark/check.png', true) }}
which results in...
result1.png
OR
{{ base_url('styles/Snog/Checkmark/check.png') }}
which results in...
result2.webp

Last edited:
It might be just me but the link to the check.png image seems to be missing the /forums/ directory

ie it is looking for the image in: https://our site/styles/Snog/Checkmark/check.png

Whereas it is in: https://our site/forums/styles/Snog/Checkmark/check.png

Also, is it possible to refresh the 'Conversation Participants' widget when a post is made so that it updates in real time?
As it stands at the moment that widget doesn't update unless you refresh the page after making a conversation post

:)

Really great mod. The only suggestion would be users cant mark the conversation unread and the checkmark go away. It would be nice that if they read it it stays checked regardless if they mark the message unread after they're done with it.

To make your life easier, @ozzy47 , I have added a zip with a reworked template.xml and a new graphic to this post.

This contains:
  • showing unread, when conversation is unread
  • uses fa-eye and fa-eye-slash for better recognition
  • added a red minus png, when using images instead of fa
  • changed the image path from /styles/Snog/Checkmark/ to ./styles/Snog/Checkmark/, so the image is found, even when the forums reside in a subdir.
What needs to be done is,
  • to create a new phrase snog_checkmark_conversation_notread and
  • to add the $recipient.last_read_date into the phrase snog_checkmark_conversation_read.
Regards,
Chris.

is this still compatible?
esp for those first 2 listed we would like to include for sure if possible, the xml seems a little dated tho wasnt sure to try it...

on another note, we noticed somewhere along the line, for us, the checkmark has turned into a thumbs up icon....somehow...i sort of wanted to change that but now im seeing this suggestion and im liking the idea of the eye/eye-slash even better.

perhaps one or 2 more options or idk....what do we think?

is this still compatible?
esp for those first 2 listed we would like to include for sure if possible, the xml seems a little dated tho wasnt sure to try it...

on another note, we noticed somewhere along the line, for us, the checkmark has turned into a thumbs up icon....somehow...i sort of wanted to change that but now im seeing this suggestion and im liking the idea of the eye/eye-slash even better.

perhaps one or 2 more options or idk....what do we think?
One way to find out: just give it a try. Everything else is up to @Ozzy47 if he decides to include those changes into a next release.

Ozzy, is this coming with Permissions settings as well?

In my case it would be useful to enable this feature to admins only, just to make sure that users which doesn't reply at all (I have quite a few) have seen the message we sent them or not, and eventually take action.

Just before someone says taking action based on that it's unfair, I have a fresh example.

The other day we didn't approve a reply by a new user as it was breaking a rule in our Terms & Conditions.
So I sent him a DM, telling that we couldn't approve his reply because of that. But I want to make sure he sees the related message before deleting it, so he will understand what was wrong with it...

Ozzy, is this coming with Permissions settings as well?

In my case it would be useful to enable this feature to admins only, just to make sure that users which doesn't reply at all (I have quite a few) have seen the message we sent them or not, and eventually take action.

Just before someone says taking action based on that it's unfair, I have a fresh example.

The other day we didn't approve a reply by a new user as it was breaking a rule in our Terms & Conditions.
So I sent him a DM, telling that we couldn't approve his reply because of that. But I want to make sure he sees the related message before deleting it, so he will understand what was wrong with it...

There is an option in the addon to only allow admin and moderators to view it.

Top Bottom