XF 1.5 pm does not show as read?

Sam F

version XenForo 1.5.12

Hi

I have some pm that are still showing as not read after I read them. and they are still displaying on the inbox until I go in and say "mark as read"

is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks
Sam

Hi Mike

I noticed this last year before I updated Xenforo, I just never thought of posing here on the subject. It does not happen all the time with members, but I do notice it occurs regularly when my other Admin PMs me. you know him as AndyB on this forum.

the link you posted above is for this forum?

Thanks
Sam

Sorry, I meant to link to this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/alert-for-conversation-dont-disapear.126472/

Unfortunately, I'd have to ask to see if you can reproduce it with a new conversation while all add-ons are disabled. (Don't use an existing message because if the data is already wrong, it won't correct itself automatically.) We need to see if you can trigger it while all add-ons are disabled. If you can't, then you may need to start enabling them one by one to identify the particular cause.

Sorry, I meant to link to this thread: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/alert-for-conversation-dont-disapear.126472/

Unfortunately, I'd have to ask to see if you can reproduce it with a new conversation while all add-ons are disabled. (Don't use an existing message because if the data is already wrong, it won't correct itself automatically.) We need to see if you can trigger it while all add-ons are disabled. If you can't, then you may need to start enabling them one by one to identify the particular cause.
Hi Mike

Ok, when I get a new PM from my admin, and it does not read as read after I read it, I will go in and turn off all addons one at a time and check between each to see if it reads as read., and let you know what happens. Does this sound like how I should approach it?

Thanks
Sam

Unfortunately no, the add-ons need to be off before the message is sent. My theory is that the last post date being recorded for the conversation internally is incorrect. Once it becomes incorrect, disabling add-ons won't stop it. This needs to be prevented in the first place. (Replying to the conversation would generally sort it.)

Unfortunately no, the add-ons need to be off before the message is sent. My theory is that the last post date being recorded for the conversation internally is incorrect. Once it becomes incorrect, disabling add-ons won't stop it. This needs to be prevented in the first place. (Replying to the conversation would generally sort it.)
Ok got it, will see about testing it that way, and let you know what I discover.

Thanks
Sam

Hi Mike OK I found it, I will PM you about it

Top Bottom