PM Block Not Working...?

i_n_k

This was an issue in the previous version of the software on our site, but I attributed it to an addon maybe causing the issue and figured the move to 2.1 would alleviate that. However, I just did a test and tried PM'ing from a test account (test1) to another test account (test2), with the latter having test1 on the PM Block list. However, it still came through.

I no longer have any Addons running in this new version, aside from s9e/MediaSites. So I'm just wondering if maybe this is a bug no one else has asked about, or if I'm potentially missing a setting to enable it?

Can you clarify what you mean by "with the latter having test1 on the PM Block list".

Do you mean one member is ignoring the other, or the member has the privacy setting for "Start conversations with you" set accordingly, or something else?

Can you clarify what you mean by "with the latter having test1 on the PM Block list".

Do you mean one member is ignoring the other, or the member has the privacy setting for "Start conversations with you" set accordingly, or something else?
Sorry, Brogan,

I was referring to the "PM Block List" setting under -> /account/preferences

If I'm logged into test1 and send a PM to test2, the message from test1 still comes through despite the test2 account having test1 on that blocked list.

Presumably you did at some point?

Can you screenshot the page where you see the pm block list option?

This is all there is in the core on the /account/preferences page:

1599665580871.webp

XF importers wouldn't do anything like that - it would require an add-on or deliberate customisation to add content to a page.
Screenshot is attached. I haven't done an install yet but looking at the preferences here I noticed it's not there. As @beerForo mentioned, I'm wondering if it's left over from a previous add on on the old version. Now, when I upgraded from Xenforo 1 to Xenforo 2, I thought all the templates were rebuilt, but it sounds like that's not the case and now I'm wondering if there's anything else lingering from previously. Is there a tool to rebuild all the templates - or something to download to rebuild the master template?

Attachments

• ss.webp
    ss.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 14
Templates are automatically rebuilt when upgrading.

if you have uninstalled the add-on, contact the author for assistance in removing any left over code, etc.

If it is just a custom user field, I'd be interested to know how it (is supposed to) prevents those members from starting conversations.

PHP callback?

Also, great job with the all the work you guys have put in and with what we've seen already on the upcoming version. Appreciate all the effort and looking forward to when that's out of Beta and ready for release. :cool:

Top Bottom