XF 2.1 Working on Xen2 while still logged into Xen1

Hello, got a quick question ...

I'm working on our Xen 2 site while still logged in to our Xen 1 site for references and admin information, but every time I switch over from one site to the other, it logs me out of the one I just left. So I'm basically having to re-login everytime I switch back and forth for each site.

I have multiple admin accounts and tried logging in a different one for Xen 1 while I was working on Xen 2 but encountered the same issue.

Is there a setting that I'm missing that doesn't allow the IP to log into the main site and the test site at the same time?

Thanks

Not quite. It's the cookie prefix section a bit above that.

For example, something like this in your config.php for XF1 will be enough: $config['cookie']['prefix'] = 'xf1_';

That way, the cookies from your XF1 install will be named differently to the cookies from your XF2 install and won't be overwritten.

As an addendum, if you ever have any test installations on the same server/domain, for example for XF2 when you upgrade to it, then you will also need a separate cookie prefix for the test/dev installations.

Top Bottom