As designed Explicit log out on desktop but still logged in on laptop

Sim

Affected version
xenforo.com XF 2.3b2
Just wanted to try passkey login on my laptop, so I logged out of xenforo.com/community on my desktop and then fired up my laptop only to discover I'm still logged in there?

I would have thought that explicitly logging out of one device should log me out of all sessions? Seems like a security problem to me?

This is highly debatable. I'm not disputing that a "Log out of all devices" option wouldn't be useful, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect that would be the default. I can't actually recall any web app or service I use frequently which does this (then again, I probably don't log out of things as often as I should).

Not a bug at this point but perhaps worth considering as a option for the future.

I agree. Default behaviour would be to logout that session, not ALL sessions. That is how most, if not ALL webapps I use operate.

Agree with the others. In my experience, log out all sessions is offered as an option by some sites when resetting your password. Never seen it used any other way.

Top Bottom