Implemented Please get rid of out of focus screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm actually going to like this myself, at first I kind of liked it, but now I'm much less keen, reminds me too much of paywall sites blurring the background.

Take reporting a post for example, I might want to reference back to it to explain why im reporting it, but with it blurred, I cant.

I'm coming around to supporting switching back to a gray overlay instead.

The transition effect seems to be a little stuttery on my Macbook.

It can be handy to still be able to reference something behind the overlay too, as Slavik mentioned.

I would also like an option to disable the effect. I find the transition makes me feel surprisingly uncomfortable.

I'm actually going to like this myself, at first I kind of liked it, but now I'm much less keen, reminds me too much of paywall sites blurring the background.

That may well be a factor, the feeling of disappointment you get when you unexpectedly hit a pay-wall.

I can't decide if I like it or not, offhand, but I do agree that an option to turn it off would be nice. If people here are complaining about it causing dizziness and whatever, safe bet some forum members everywhere will.

I had an issue with our background on the theme I am using as it remained blurred (a settings error on my part).
I had countless complaints about it and some members emailed to say they couldn't use the forums because of the blurred image.

Just my tuppence worth in this debate :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom