Have WP installed on root and XF on /forum folder. WP has about 200 posts and pages and around 1000 comments.
I'm planning to move all WP contents into XF (articles -> threads, pages -> pages). I will move XF to the root and have Xenporta as CMS. I'm current using Xenscript bridge.
Obviously, I have to do this in stages. Here is what I plan. please let me know if I overlook something.
1) Manually or use some scripts to move WP articles into XF threads. I will move this into a private forum and change the author name, format, etc. There does not seem to be any XF tool to easily change a thread author
2) Manually create XF pages to replace existing WP pages.
3) Move WP into /blog/ folder
4) Add redirects into the server nginx config file.
5) Move XF into root. Install Xenporta and add a redirect so that all the current XF threads will go to a new location.