1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plan to BUy XF

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by PatrickGER, Mar 29, 2014.

1. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

Hi, i plan to Buy XF, but how i can Import a Burning Board 4? I dont have vB or IPB.

2. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Can you import BB4 to VB first then VB to XF.

@Jake Bunce, @Slavik and various other people offer import services and I'm sure one of them will be able to help.

3. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

No, he cannot without VB.

4. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

vB supports WBB 4 import?

5. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Do you need a VB license to convert/import your database into their format? I'd have thought that whoever did the import for them would be able to do that without the customer having a VB license themselves. I could be wrong though?

6. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

If someone else is handling the transfer and that someone else has a license that's all that matters, the customer who wants the conversion done doesn't need to purchase/own license, thats an advantage using a third party service rather than doing it yourself (also the fact that you save a lot of headache :p).

7. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

No idea? I dont want to Buy vBulletin to Convert zu XF. And i dont want to pay ~100$ for a simple import.....

Why XF doesent include an Burning Board FOUR importer in his own system?

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

Importers are added when both time and demand allow them to be coded into the system. Unfortunately, burning board 4 has not yet been included. If there isn't already a suggestion; you should write one to help the developers gauge interest.

9. Devilwillcry4you

Devilwillcry4you Active Member

10. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Probably not that many... since BB4 was only released in 12/13. Converters are probably done based upon installed base - and honestly, in my forum usage I've never had the occasion to visit a BB4 forum (and I visit a LOT of forums because I have a wide variety of interests). BB4 doesn't even make this list. It doesn't even make Wikipedia's list of comparison of internet software.

12. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

How much costs WBB 4 to XF?

13. PatrickGER

PatrickGER Member

i buyed XF now. but i cant import <-< nobody imports wbb 4 o_O