1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pissed

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Matthew2D, May 25, 2012.

1. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Found some of my add-ons on nulling sites! :mad: *punching time*

Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Ah, maybe they'll get more honest folks interested.......I can't imagine many real forum admins bootlegging XF or add-ons. Some...but not many.

3. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

I keep asking them to remove my add-ons. They keep deleting my posts. Now I'm getting frustrated. :mad:

removeaddon.png

Digital Doctor likes this.
  4. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Time for my bad ass side. Contacting their host!

5. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

They're generally located over seas, and will ignore the report.

6. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

But won't they take some action? Surely the host doesn't allow their sites to use nulled scripts. Unless it's offshore, and I don't think it is.

7. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

If the site is
    • hosted offshore
    • using an offshore domain name
    • is registered offshore
    • owned offshore
    May the force be with you, cause no one else will. :(

The only plus side is that more than often piracy does indeed turn into valid customers. Maybe not 100% of the time, but those numbers are still higher than most would think.

I, myself, started out using a pirated copy... The demo was nice, but nothing could ever tell me exactly how the software worked on my setup, allow me to review code, and actually get a real world feel, without 1st downloading a copy and that must be done before I purchase anything (before I spend 1 cent). So until there actually is trial-ware for online software... Temporary piracy was my resolve. ;)

With this said... There are those who pirate simply because they can and will never purchase anything. I have no respect for these people. :mad:

Sylar, 0xym0r0n and Matthew2D like this.