PHP Help - XenForo Addon

Mofis

I have been working on an addon, and recently ran into a wall; as I didn't know how to code this little bit.

Here is my Library/SSLB/ControllerPublic/SSN/Index file.

PHP:
<?php

class SSLB_ControllerPublic_SSN_Index extends XenForo_ControllerPublic_Abstract
{
    public function actionIndex()
    {
        return $this->responseView('SSLB_ViewPublic_Index', 'SSLB_Index');
    }

public function actionCreative()
    {
        return $this->responseView('SSLB_ViewPublic_Index', 'SSLB_Creative');
    }
}

With that code, I am able to go to domain.com/creative & domain.com/creative/creative and have the SSLB_Creative template be shown there. What I want, is to be able to go to domain.com/creative/creative/list and have another template be shown for that. In order to accomplish that, how would I change my PHP code in the Library/SSLB/ControllerPublic/SSN/Index file?

Hope you guys can help me. In advance, thanks to all those that help me or even attempt to help me! :)

Last edited:
Is Creative a route that you have created?

Because if that's the case then, actionIndex() will be called when you go to domain.com/creative.

actionCreative() will be called when you go to domain.com/creative/creative.

Therefore in that scenario you want a new action called actionList() and that will be called when you go to domain.com/creative/list

Because if that's the case then, actionIndex() will be called when you go to domain.com/creative.

actionCreative() will be called when you go to domain.com/creative/creative.

Therefore in that scenario you want a new action called actionList() and that will be called when you go to domain.com/creative/list
I'm sorry, I accidentally screwed up on the main post. I've edited my mistakes. Everything that I updated, was changed to red.
Yes it is.

PHP:
    public function actionCreativeList()
    {
        return $this->responseView('SSLB_ViewPublic_Index', 'SSLB_Creative_List');
    }

Should do it.

PHP:
    {
    }

Should do it.
Oh wow, thanks! It worked flawlessly. I hope it's not too much to ask, but what would I change the PHP code to so that I can load a template by going to domain.com/creative/creative/?type=list?

Take your existing Creative action:
PHP:
    {
    }

Change it to:

PHP:
    {
        $typeId = $this->_input->filterSingle('type', XenForo_Input::STRING);
        if ($typeId)
        {
            if (method_exists(__CLASS__, 'actionCreative' . ucfirst($typeId))
            {
                return $this->responseReroute(__CLASS__, 'creative' . ucfirst($typeId));
            }
        }
    }

So your URL contains the ?type= input.

We take that input, and see if we have a function in the controller named actionCreative{$typeId}.

If it exists, it reroutes the response to that action name.

If it doesn't exist, the normal view for creative/creative will be rendered.

Then, all you need to do is make sure this exists in the controller (same as my previous post):

PHP:
    {
    }

The great thing is, if you ever want to add any other actions just add another action to your controller...

PHP:
    public function actionCreativeMore()
    {
        return $this->responseView('SSLB_ViewPublic_Index', 'SSLB_Creative_More');
    }

That example would be available at:

domain.com/creative/creative/?type=more

It's worth noting that I've not tested any of this :)

Top Bottom