XF 2.2 Photos from Apple Photos manager

Rich

I notices if I pick photos from my apple computer for a post. they do not orientate in the correct position. I have to save them to Jpeg first them upload them. Is there a way to make a .HEIC to work correctly? Im sure some people have apple computers out there.

The issue with HEIC is that no browsers support it. None of them. Not even Safari (seriously).

It works as a format for viewing on iOS and macOS and sharing with other devices that may support it but there are currently no web browsers in use today that natively support displaying that format on the web.

That all being said, my experience is not the same as yours.

Whether I upload pictures from my Photos library to Safari on iOS or macOS the pictures already upload as a jpeg file, and providing the server has EXIF extensions enabled in PHP, it should automatically orient them correctly.

If your experience is different, what exactly are the steps you are taking to reproduce the issue? And do you experience the same issue trying to upload photos to this forum?

When you upload the photo, do you select the “reduce size” option or whatever it’s called? If so, that’s likely your issue as Apple strips the info from the photo so the server has no clue if it’s portrait or landscape.

When you upload the photo, do you select the “reduce size” option or whatever it’s called? If so, that’s likely your issue as Apple strips the info from the photo so the server has no clue if it’s portrait or landscape.
No I just upload without doing anything

Is there any way to fix this. Its hard for me to believe that no-one is using native photos out of the Mac photo manager? Every social software I use this never happens and I wouldn't post to my site if all the photos way turning sideways. Is this ever going to be addressed? Is it me doing something wrong? Is there a way to have arrows on the photo to make it turn so that they don't just give up and leave the site?

Note : Im not laying on my side when I took the photos :)
Good thing the shirt design online software don't have this problem or the "Im with dummy shirt" would never sell.:D:D:D

Attachments

• tempImagePJHng3.webp
    tempImagePJHng3.webp
    186 KB · Views: 3
  • tempImage7P5wYM.webp
    tempImage7P5wYM.webp
    222 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Top Bottom