Photo Contest & likes question...

We are looking at this in a new light, trying to see if we can make it work as a photo contest. Can anyone tell me if the "likes" are anonymous? So, would owners of the image be able to see who voted on their image?

Also, I'm not clear on the actual setup of these. I've looked at the sample site. Would we be able to make a new "gallery" for each months photo contest & then leave it for viewing but no further uploading after we finish & select a winner?

Thanks!

Likes are not anonymous, no. They work pretty much identically to how they do everywhere else in XenForo.

You could create a new category, or a new album and set the permissions accordingly to prevent further uploads after the contest has finished.

Categories are created by Admins in the Admin CP. For each category there are checkboxes for which user groups can add media and which can view media.

Albums can be created by anyone, but the album owner can choose who can view and add media. Album permissions are: public, private, members only, followed users or a specific list of users.

Albums and categories are two different containers for storing images. The difference being that categories can be nested and only created by Admins. Albums can't be nested and can be created by any user with permission. So with that last point in mind, you can indeed enable/disable the ability to create albums using standard user group permissions.

Top Bottom