Lack of interest Personal Conversations "Groups"

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Cezz

Playing with the Conversations feature for a little bit one thing I would like to see is the ability to invite an entire Usergroup or a custom group of users IE all the people you are following etc..

This would be good for continued private group chats without the need for the forum owner having to create a private forum for each of those usergroups...

IE instead of having a "Pre-Release Team" forum just so you can privately communicate with the PR Team you could just create a conversation and invite the entire PR Team for each discussion...

--------------------------------

This leads me to my next question is there a limit on the number of people that can be in a Conversation?

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know this is an old thread but I'd just like to add that I think that starting a conversation with user groups should be something that is added to the core of Xenforo.

I've just gone to send a message to the full members on my site (for which I have a group set up) only to find I couldn't do this; I had to add them individually to the conversation.

I know that there's Conversation Essentials which lets you create groups to use in personal conversations. This is useful if you need the additional functionality. However, I think the ability to message the user groups should be core in Xenforo, just as it is in other forum software like phpBB.

Top Bottom