Permissions ... ?

onyxchase

Hello. I'm a tad bit confused as to the Moderator/Admins permissions. It looks like there is are Usergroups for Moderating and Administrative, but when I assign someone in either of those groups they don't even show up in Moderators or Administrators.. In fact, my Moderators show up in the Administrators tab?? HUH... Sorry I'm just a bit confused, why is there two permissions for the same thing..

I'm still confused... Let's say I want to add a moderator...

I add them in the Moderators panel, and configure all their permissions. But then it asks me if I want to add them to the Moderating usergroup which also has the same permissions? Why bother with a usergroup permission if you have to set the moderator permission of each moderator?

I'm still confused... Let's say I want to add a moderator...

I add them in the Moderators panel, and configure all their permissions. But then it asks me if I want to add them to the Moderating usergroup which also has the same permissions? Why bother with a usergroup permission if you have to set the moderator permission of each moderator?

Mod permissions can be granted per user or per group. You have the choice.

I had a different type of permissions question. Is there a way to list all users assigned to a certain Group Permissions template? Like if I want a list of all Moderators or all Administrators? I know if I do some digging I could go into the database and make a query, but hoping this might be available through the GUI

no, an admin can assign any user with Moderator group permissions, even though that user is not listed as a Moderator in the ACP. I believe you referred to this setup in another post as "secret" moderator or something. Basically I would like to audit permissions every so often to ensure my site is reasonably secure. I hope this makes sense.

Top Bottom