Permissions Assistance On My New Website

Serpius

Before you start... grab a coffee or favorite drink... it's kind of long.

Ok, just a quick background on what my website's main goal is.

I started up Contenght as a website that small to medium-sized content creators can embed their multimedia creations.

NOTE: Contenght is pronounced the same as the word 'content' and the 'gh' is silent in the same way you see the 'gh' being silent in words like 'caught' or 'bought'.

Visit this website sharree (dot) com and you will see the kind of website that I like to have.

There are 2 main usergroups, Contenght Viewers and Contenght Creators.
1. The 'Contenght Viewer' usergroup are users who are only interested in viewing the multimedia submissions that are on Contenght.
2. The 'Contenght Creator' usergroup are users who do submit their content multimedia on Contenght.

There will be a PAID accounts for both usergroups. The non-PAID accounts will have limited access (for viewing) and/or limited ability to submit media on Contenght.

PAID Contenght Viewer usergroup will have UNLIMITED viewing of all submitted multimedia content, but will NOT have the ability to SUBMIT any multimedia. This usergroup will have UNLIMITED posting ability and other related permissions for that usergroup. This account upgrade is a ONE-TIME upgrade of $20 USD.

PAID Contenght Creator usergroup will have the same permissions as the PAID Contenght Viewer usergroup, but will have UNLIMITED ability to submit any multimedia. This account upgrade is a ONE-TIME upgrade of $30.00 USD.

I did use MyBB forum software before switching to Xenforo at the beginning of November 2019. So, I am familiar with the AdminCP side of things in MyBB, but Xenforo AdminCP is different and that is where my difficulties arise.

Contenght (dot) com will be something like that above-mentioned website (sharree (dot) com but since I am very new to using Xenforo forum software, I have no clue how to set all of the user groups and user permissions to make this work properly. This is the part that has frustrated me the most about Xenforo.

The best way for me to describe how I want things done is to give you an example of a new user, Jane Smith.

Before I go any further... a bit of explanation is in order. When I first bought the Xenforo forum software, I had assumed that I would also need the Xenforo Media Gallery for 'Contenght' created submissions. Honestly, I do not know if that was really necessary to buy that add-on, but I did it anyway.

When you review my goal of what I want for my website, you can assist me in deciding whether or not the Xenforo Media Gallery add-on is necessary or not.

1. When Jane Smith goes to my website for the very first time, she will see the website as a 'Guest'. She then decides to register using the 'Register' button at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

2. Jane Smith does the registration form and waits for Contenght to send her the activation email. She's got the activation email and clicks on the link to activate her account.

[NOTE: The above part is one part that I am not even certain that I have setup correctly in the AdminCP - I will need assistance to make certain that this is working properly -- When you attempt to register and activate your account, you will be able to see if I have done this correctly or not. -- If this part fails, please send me an email at superadmin@contenght (dot) com and I will fix your account ASAP.]

3. Assuming that #1 and #2 have been completed, Jane Smith is now classified in the Xenforo default usergroup 'Registered'. However, Jane Smith is really a content creator and she needs to be put into the Contenght Creator usergroup. After Jane Smith clicks on the link to activate her account in step #2, then she is presented with a 1 question form that asks, 'Are You A Contenght Creator?'. If she answers 'Yes', then she is moved (or promoted) to the Registered Contenght Creator usergroup.

If Jane Smith was NOT a 'Contenght Creator', then she is placed (promoted) to the 'Contenght Viewer' usergroup.

By placing Jane Smith into the CORRECT usergroup will help her in choosing the Account Upgrade options if she decides to upgrade her account now or at a later time.

4A. Assuming Jane Smith is a 'Registered Contenght Creator' who does NOT want to upgrade right away to a higher account level, she will have a limited amount of submissions of no more than 4 submissions PER MONTH. (1 submission per week)

4B. Assuming that Jane Smith is a 'Registered Contenght Viewer', she will be limited to posting of 7 threads/posts PER WEEK. (1 thread/post per day)

This above part is where I am struggling to figure out the correct usergroup and user permissions in the Xenforo AdminCP.

One area that I really want to make certain that is done correctly is the PAID Contenght Creator usergroup. I want to give the 'Contenght Creators' the ability to MONETIZE their content creations. I want this usergroup to be able to make money with their content and I bought the 'Monetize' add-on (ThemeHouse) thinking that this will help me to achieve this goal, but I have no clue if this is the right add-on for this purpose.

I am sure that I have left out details.

If you have questions or need further clarification, please ask!

Reactions: eL_
Before you start... grab a coffee or favorite drink... it's kind of long.

Ok, just a quick background on what my website's main goal is.

I started up Contenght as a website that small to medium-sized content creators can embed their multimedia creations.

NOTE: Contenght is pronounced the same as the word 'content' and the 'gh' is silent in the same way you see the 'gh' being silent in words like 'caught' or 'bought'.

Visit this website sharree (dot) com and you will see the kind of website that I like to have.

There are 2 main usergroups, Contenght Viewers and Contenght Creators.
1. The 'Contenght Viewer' usergroup are users who are only interested in viewing the multimedia submissions that are on Contenght.
2. The 'Contenght Creator' usergroup are users who do submit their content multimedia on Contenght.

There will be a PAID accounts for both usergroups. The non-PAID accounts will have limited access (for viewing) and/or limited ability to submit media on Contenght.

PAID Contenght Viewer usergroup will have UNLIMITED viewing of all submitted multimedia content, but will NOT have the ability to SUBMIT any multimedia. This usergroup will have UNLIMITED posting ability and other related permissions for that usergroup. This account upgrade is a ONE-TIME upgrade of $20 USD.

PAID Contenght Creator usergroup will have the same permissions as the PAID Contenght Viewer usergroup, but will have UNLIMITED ability to submit any multimedia. This account upgrade is a ONE-TIME upgrade of $30.00 USD.

I did use MyBB forum software before switching to Xenforo at the beginning of November 2019. So, I am familiar with the AdminCP side of things in MyBB, but Xenforo AdminCP is different and that is where my difficulties arise.

Contenght (dot) com will be something like that above-mentioned website (sharree (dot) com but since I am very new to using Xenforo forum software, I have no clue how to set all of the user groups and user permissions to make this work properly. This is the part that has frustrated me the most about Xenforo.

The best way for me to describe how I want things done is to give you an example of a new user, Jane Smith.

Before I go any further... a bit of explanation is in order. When I first bought the Xenforo forum software, I had assumed that I would also need the Xenforo Media Gallery for 'Contenght' created submissions. Honestly, I do not know if that was really necessary to buy that add-on, but I did it anyway.

When you review my goal of what I want for my website, you can assist me in deciding whether or not the Xenforo Media Gallery add-on is necessary or not.

1. When Jane Smith goes to my website for the very first time, she will see the website as a 'Guest'. She then decides to register using the 'Register' button at the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

2. Jane Smith does the registration form and waits for Contenght to send her the activation email. She's got the activation email and clicks on the link to activate her account.

[NOTE: The above part is one part that I am not even certain that I have setup correctly in the AdminCP - I will need assistance to make certain that this is working properly -- When you attempt to register and activate your account, you will be able to see if I have done this correctly or not. -- If this part fails, please send me an email at superadmin@contenght (dot) com and I will fix your account ASAP.]

3. Assuming that #1 and #2 have been completed, Jane Smith is now classified in the Xenforo default usergroup 'Registered'. However, Jane Smith is really a content creator and she needs to be put into the Contenght Creator usergroup. After Jane Smith clicks on the link to activate her account in step #2, then she is presented with a 1 question form that asks, 'Are You A Contenght Creator?'. If she answers 'Yes', then she is moved (or promoted) to the Registered Contenght Creator usergroup.

If Jane Smith was NOT a 'Contenght Creator', then she is placed (promoted) to the 'Contenght Viewer' usergroup.

By placing Jane Smith into the CORRECT usergroup will help her in choosing the Account Upgrade options if she decides to upgrade her account now or at a later time.

4A. Assuming Jane Smith is a 'Registered Contenght Creator' who does NOT want to upgrade right away to a higher account level, she will have a limited amount of submissions of no more than 4 submissions PER MONTH. (1 submission per week)

4B. Assuming that Jane Smith is a 'Registered Contenght Viewer', she will be limited to posting of 7 threads/posts PER WEEK. (1 thread/post per day)

This above part is where I am struggling to figure out the correct usergroup and user permissions in the Xenforo AdminCP.

One area that I really want to make certain that is done correctly is the PAID Contenght Creator usergroup. I want to give the 'Contenght Creators' the ability to MONETIZE their content creations. I want this usergroup to be able to make money with their content and I bought the 'Monetize' add-on (ThemeHouse) thinking that this will help me to achieve this goal, but I have no clue if this is the right add-on for this purpose.

I am sure that I have left out details.

If you have questions or need further clarification, please ask!
Is this request still open?

Top Bottom