XF 1.1 Permission error when trying to upload files

When attempting to upload a file to a post I get the following message

1525121909047.webp

• data/ and internal_data/ permissions are 0777 currently, but I have also tried 0755
  • Xenforo root is owned by Apache (recursive)
  • Group Permissions are set to allow
  • Direct Node permissions is set to inherit
  • User Permissions set to inherit
  • Category Node Containing Direct Node is set to Allow
  • This is true even for the Super Admin

Last edited:
Most likely mod security, contact your host to have them whitelist it. Were you able to attach before?
Yes but not on this installation of Xenforo, the os has not been reinstalled, also I have root access, so what mod security are you talking about apache? Oh I just realized what you're saying, stock installation, no mods

Last edited:
Am I reading correctly? XF 1.1? PHP 7.X? The two are not compatible if so.
Think 1.1 will only work with around PHP 5.4 at the latest?

Both XF 1.1 AND the supporting latest PHP version it can use are both severely outdated. If those versions are correct my best suggestion is to upgrade to the newer version of XF (1.5.x) and see if that resolves the issue if you want to run the newer PHP versions.

I can't run 5.4 due to an issue with other services. Also XF 1.1.5 is the latest one I have access to currently, a software update is planned, but due to a move, it's not financially feasible at the moment, That said, this didn't look like an incompatbility error, is there a way I can confirm that?

I think you've already had a similar discussion on XF 1.1 not supporting PHP 7
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...on-might-be-not-an-issue.146608/#post-1246946
I'm sure running an unsupported (read to advanced) version of PHP (which 7.x is for 1.1 line) you will probably have various issues - which also will not be supported due to the code base being so old.
I'd suggest downgrading to PHP 5.6, which should be compatible with 1.1.
If you MUST use PHP 7.x line, then you really don't have much alternative other than to upgrade XenForo to the 1.5 line.

I think you've already had a similar discussion on XF 1.1 not supporting PHP 7
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...on-might-be-not-an-issue.146608/#post-1246946
I'm sure running an unsupported (read to advanced) version of PHP (which 7.x is for 1.1 line) you will probably have various issues - which also will not be supported due to the code base being so old.
I'd suggest downgrading to PHP 5.6, which should be compatible with 1.1.
If you MUST use PHP 7.x line, then you really don't have much alternative other than to upgrade XenForo to the 1.5 line.

Okay I managed to get everything I need operational under PHP 5.6.36, the permission issue persists in Xenforo however

-Edit- I should also mention that uploading Avatar images works fine

Last edited:
Top Bottom