1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pending customer

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Bob_R, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

Hello everyone! My first post. I am seriously considering purchasing Xenforo. I went as far yesterday as contacting support here on how to transfer my vBulletin 4.2.2 forum.

I also created a demo site.

Also, did some research on Xenforo and their templates. So far my favorite template is this one http://xenforo.com/community/resources/chocolate-fluid-and-fixed.102/

It's outdated. Would I still be able to use it?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If the style is not compatible with the latest release it's not advisable to use it.

Outdated templates will result in missing functionality and potential errors and unexpected behaviour.

Bob_R likes this.
  3. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

There's another style I'm interested in. Blackend by pixeledit. But, if you click the demo link the theme is nowhere to be found and it was just updated a few weeks ago.

Please advise. Thanks.

4. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

I think you need to contact @Russ

Russ and Adam Howard like this.
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we've removed all of our free styles from our demo, we need to go in and update some links(they were removed for performance reasons).

A quick search found this site running it:

6. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

Russ, any idea when the link will be updated?

7. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

No I mean like our free styles were completely removed from our demo site and probably won't be coming back. Because they're free styles anyone with a license can download them and try them out to decide if they really want to use it.

Having too many styles on a site can slow down certain processes on the backend(and we have a lot....)

By updating links I mean removing any links referencing the demo, on here and on our demo board.

The board link I sent above actually is pretty close to the stock Blackend to get you an idea of it.

8. Bob_R

Bob_R Active Member

Oh, I see what you mean. Correct me if I'm wrong. If I become a Xenforo licensed user I can download it?

9. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Yep you'll be able to download any of the free resources that are uploaded here.

Bob_R likes this.