PemBer - Professional Paid Membership Plugin [Deleted]

Why do I get "paypal_tls_12_requirements_missing_desc" in the admin control panel Pember tab?

Paypal will require all communications to happen with the secure TLS 1.2 protocol from June. As with XenForo 1.5.6, PemBer 1.3.3 communicates with Paypal via this secure protocol. There is a check in XenForo (and pember) if your server supports TLS 1.2 or not. This warning is only displayed if it is found that your server's software (curl and php) does not support TLS 1.2.

Read the XenForo 1.5.6 announcement thread and this post by me above for a full technical explanation.

In short, what you have to do is contact your host or server admin and ask them to upgrade cURL and PHP to support TLS 1.2. Do note that this warning is fine and PemBer will work fine now. It will only be in June 2016 when your recurring payments will start to fail if your server is not updated by then.

Paypal will require all communications to happen with the secure TLS 1.2 protocol from June. As with XenForo 1.5.6, PemBer 1.3.3 communicates with Paypal via this secure protocol. There is a check in XenForo (and pember) if your server supports TLS 1.2 or not. This warning is only displayed if it is found that your server's software (curl and php) does not support TLS 1.2.

Read the XenForo 1.5.6 announcement thread and this post by me above for a full technical explanation.

In short, what you have to do is contact your host or server admin and ask them to upgrade cURL and PHP to support TLS 1.2. Do note that this warning is fine and PemBer will work fine now. It will only be in June 2016 when your recurring payments will start to fail if your server is not updated by then.
I run 1.5.2, does this matter?

I run 1.5.2, does this matter?

No. PemBer does it's own check, so XF version does not matter. Your server is probably on a lower version of TLS/SSL for cURL. If you just raise a ticket with your host and ask them to support TLS 1.2 for upcoming Paypal requirement, they should be able to fix this for you.

No. PemBer does it's own check, so XF version does not matter. Your server is probably on a lower version of TLS/SSL for cURL. If you just raise a ticket with your host and ask them to support TLS 1.2 for upcoming Paypal requirement, they should be able to fix this for you.
Thanks bro, also one more question, I noticed the old user upgrades page is now a redirect so other addons I bought that allowed my users to purchase upgrades via credits they got from my forum can not be used. Is there anyway to bring back that page?

Thanks bro, also one more question, I noticed the old user upgrades page is now a redirect so other addons I bought that allowed my users to purchase upgrades via credits they got from my forum can not be used. Is there anyway to bring back that page?

Well yes. But if you bring back that page people can then buy upgrades from the old xenforo system and not use PemBer at all. While that "should" be OK, but is that what you want?

Well yes. But if you bring back that page people can then buy upgrades from the old xenforo system and not use PemBer at all. While that "should" be OK, but is that what you want?
I can just remove the option for anything that isn't credits on the original page, right? Btw I had my server update to TLS 1.2 and I am still getting "paypal_tls_12_requirements_missing_desc"

Can I build a kind of marketplace with your addon, @Sadik B

Example: User 1 and User 2 sell their digital goods. Our site receives a 30% commission for every purchase. Is this possible?

Hi @Sadik B, I hope you're well! :)

I know you're working on the Stripe version, but could I request an additional feature for a future release? Could we have the ability to search the transaction log by the payer_email and purchase_email fields?

As time missing for the new releas with "stripe"?
It will be compatible with bd paygates?

bd paygates is an entirely different addon which does not use paypal's NVP.

Why do you ask if this is compatible with bd Paygates? How do you want to use both addons?.

bd paygates is an entirely different addon which does not use paypal's NVP.

Why do you ask if this is compatible with bd Paygates? How do you want to use both addons?.
I use only "stripe" no "paypal".
I have only one subscription and forum in this year, I always noticed the same needs from the users:
- Extend your subscription before it expires
- Switch from one subscription (converting the remaining days of the previous subscription)

Stripe (bd paygates) currently has a problem, when you make a subscription tells you that everything is ok, but if the user has not even money on the "credit card", you are not warned, and then mails arrive thinking that instead everything went well but it was not activated. And I have to go and manually check whether this is true or not.
a 10% of the time is correct 90% no founds.
Schermata 2016-05-05 alle 10.00.19.webp

ps: sorry for my english

I use only "stripe" no "paypal".
I have only one subscription and forum in this year, I always noticed the same needs from the users:
- Extend your subscription before it expires
- Switch from one subscription (converting the remaining days of the previous subscription)

Stripe (bd paygates) currently has a problem, when you make a subscription tells you that everything is ok, but if the user has not even money on the "credit card", you are not warned, and then mails arrive thinking that instead everything went well but it was not activated. And I have to go and manually check whether this is true or not.
a 10% of the time is correct 90% no founds.
View attachment 133695

ps: sorry for my english

Hey Bob

Your English is fine... :)

I get what you are saying. I am in the process of finishing up Stripe. It has taken much longer than I originally planned for but I am also considering a couple of requests from people using PemBer. Hence the delay...

Coming to your point, first off, there is no reason not to use Paypal, unless you cannot have a paypal account for some reason. I have worked with several very high volume membership sites (3000+ subscribers) and ballpark estimate would be that between 60%-80% people prefer paying with paypal when they have a choice between CC and paypal. Doesn't bd paygates support paypal already?

And what you are saying should not happen with PemBer. IF a card was declined due to insufficient funds the transaction will fail informing the user that his card was declined. If you can wait for a few more days (less than a week), I should have the new release out. Several people are waiting and while I could release a version sooner but I want to 100% ensure quality before I release.

Ah... The bad news is I am not yet done and honestly, I am quite embarrassed about it. Now I know why the xf devs don't give timelines... :) I could list out all the reasons why but they would just come off as excuses.

The good news is that I am slowly but steadily nibbling along and I want to have 1.4 out soon.

Meanwhile here's a screenshot...

upload_2016-5-19_18-52-44.webp

And a sneak preview of the a new feature!

upload_2016-5-19_18-55-7.webp

The Above is the new "Edit Sales Page" feature. From where you can create your sales page using the xenforo WYSIWYG editor.

Here's how my above page looks in the front end!

upload_2016-5-19_18-56-45.webp

Cheers,
- Sadik

P.S. In case you noticed, you can now also use the XF Editor for the pricing table product description.

How do members get paid once they have referred new members to the site and buys something?

You have to enable MassPay API for your paypal account. In admin you have to set a threshold amount. A cron runs according to a set schedule which sends payment from your paypal account to all users whose commissions have exceeded the threshold amount.

Top Bottom