1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Participants leaving a conversation & removing them from one

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by dutchbb, Apr 2, 2016.

1. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

When a participant leaves a conversation, his user name still appears to the other participants in the list. Is this a bug or is it as designed? I think the latter but wanted to be sure.

The suggestion is, I have conversations where I need to remove certain users I included when starting it. For example advertisers that stop advertising should no longer have access to a private conversation they once were a participant of.
  2. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

It's as designed.

They don't have access to the conversation after they are removed but they remain in the participation list because they at one time participated (or could have). The should be some sort of indicator though if the person is no longer an active participant.
    dutchbb likes this.
  3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Yes perhaps an indicator when they leave, but also as an admin I can't force them to leave.
  4. Daniel Hood

Daniel Hood Well-Known Member

Well, that's a good suggestion and definitely not a feature currently. In the meantime, it is a feature of one of my add-ons, Conversation Essentials.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

The problem with this is when people choose to leave a conversation but don't want to 'announce' that they have left, the indicator would give that away (which they may not necessarily want). An example would be the automatic welcome conversations that you can set in the ACP, you wouldn't want new users that these are sent to to see you have left the conversation. I guess a way around it could be a 'notify I have left' additional option when leaving a conversation.
  6. syllogic

syllogic New Member

Would really appreciate the ability to remove the option to remove a participant from a conversation. Thanks!