1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 leaving a conversation

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by dethfire, May 18, 2015.

1. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

Should members that leave a conversation still be listed in the participants list? How does the member list know when a member leaves a conversation?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The short answer is yes, they should still be listed. The default setup will have them see the conversation when a reply comes in. The "ignore" option is designed mostly for abusive type conversations where the action is explicitly silent (and should be).

3. dethfire

So my question is how do other members know when a member is active or not? That is confusing my members. Talking to a member they think is still in the conversation.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

As far as I know, there's no way they can tell when someone has left a conversation.

5. dethfire

hmmm well that is a bit of an oversight

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As explained above, it is by design and for a specific reason.

If conversation participants want to inform others, they can do so prior to leaving the conversation.

Amaury likes this.
  7. dethfire

This happens about never in my large community (partially because no one knows they have to). It only leads to members continuing to talk to members they think are still in the conversation.

8. Zynektic

Zynektic Well-Known Member

We use Conversation Essentials, this allows you to see who left the conversation, not sure if you want a paid add-on but that works.

Floyd R Turbo and dethfire like this.