• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid work] MediaWiki Bridge

SchmitzIT

As the title says, I'm looking for a coder to create a bridge between XenForo and MediaWiki. There's a nice add-on for vBulletin, which calculates some additional counters that integrate neatly into the user table, if you'd be looking for other ideas.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=247279&highlight=mediawiki

Interested coders can send me a PC with an estimated price. Please provide a quote for just a login sharing bridge, and one with the features from the add-on above.

vaultwiki.org is making a vaultwiki for xenforo.
VaultWiki 4 Release Date
We have reached a point in the development of VaultWiki 4 where we feel like we can give a static release date that we can stick to. Keep in mind that the first release will still be an Alpha version, but will be available for Premium subscribers to download and start testing on April 4.
Beta 2 will have vaultwiki support. No idea when that would be.

The main drawback of Mediawiki is it is hard to learn.
The WYSIWYG editor is pretty good now and that does help a bit.

Thanks, DD. My main issue is that we're tied into MediaWiki as it is. We use multiple extensions, and already have hundreds of pages of content that would be a nightmare to switch to a different wiki.I'm somehow afraid that even a regular MediaWiki Importer might not do the job, as we also run SemanticWiki to facilitate certian lists and what not.

I'm holding up my hopes for MediaWiki being coded into something easier (as its founder already admitted it was a pain to use). If that fails, then I'll have a look into alternatives.

Do you have some dates as to when this is expected to be completed as well as minimal requirements? I might have a need for a wiki and would be willing to help similarly contribute (financially) to the development if the functionality/timing meets our needs.

--Ed

Hi Ed,

For the time being, it will just be user bridge. I might eventually add more functionality down the road, though.

Thanks. Does "user bridge" also include security? (using XF for rights to create, edit, etc. MediaWiki content)

Any idea of when you expect the modification to be released to the community? I'd rather support an existing effort than try and start my own, but I also have an aggressive deadline for site launch.

Cheers!

--Ed

I can try and poke xfrocks, but I'm hoping for this to be released in the very near future at least. I'm also moving towards my intended migration deadline, and this mod is one of the ones holding me back.

Thanks. Does "user bridge" also include security? (using XF for rights to create, edit, etc. MediaWiki content)
I'd say no.
I'm sure xfrocks could do it ... but ... that's quite a more sophisticated bridge.
I dont think Mediawiki is easy to use and most users cant edit it.
Therefore, setting up wiki permissions one by one is not that time consuming.

Xfrocks' bridge is an authentication bridge (using the MediaWiki extension system).

I can try and poke xfrocks, but I'm hoping for this to be released in the very near future at least. I'm also moving towards my intended migration deadline, and this mod is one of the ones holding me back.
Any updates to this? I'm going live in the next day or two and don't want to start down a dual path with authentication on MediaWiki and XenForo if I can avoid it. (I'm using his WP Bridge for just that purpose)
I'm sure xfrocks could do it ... but ... that's quite a more sophisticated bridge.
I dont think Mediawiki is easy to use and most users cant edit it.
Therefore, setting up wiki permissions one by one is not that time consuming.
With the WordPress bridge, "XenForo Administrative users will be WordPress's Administrator by default" so I was only looking for that basic functionality here.

Thanks!

--Ed

xfrocks has finished it, and I tested and verified that it works.

While I believe xfrocks is working on adding additional functionality, the mod will be released in the future. If you really need it and cannot get a hold of xfrocks, shoot me a PC and I'll send you the files I have if that allow you to go live :)

Top Bottom