Paid user upgrade - user not added to usergroup

Case

Hi guys

Set up some user upgrades where the user is added to a usergroup once they purchase.

Had someone buy one recently. The transaction went through, we received the money in our PayPal account but the upgrade didn't happen. It isn't listed as active.

Just checked the xf_user_upgrade_log table and I can see the transaction details. It says "OK, no action" in the message column. Not sure if that is right?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Apparently the callback wasn't recognized as either a payment or a refund.

Can you post the entire record from xf_user_upgrade_log including the blob contents of xf_user_upgrade_log.transaction_details? You can send me a PM if it contains sensitive info. Or give me access to phpmyadmin on your server so I can examine the log myself.

edit - and please login to your Paypal account and confirm that the payment is listed as completed. It might be on hold or something.

I have the same issue yesterday. My paypal email was used at another domain IPN. I created a new paypal account and setup new IPN with callback script. But do not know if it will work. Please let me know if you find something.

The transaction log you sent me shows that this was a pending payment. This is consistent with eCheque payments which can take a few days to clear. Paypal sends this "pending" response at the time of payment, but XenForo doesn't take any action with this response other than to log it. Paypal should send another response once the payment clears at which point XenForo will upgrade the user.

The transaction log you sent me shows that this was a pending payment. This is consistent with eCheque payments which can take a few days to clear. Paypal sends this "pending" response at the time of payment, but XenForo doesn't take any action with this response other than to log it. Paypal should send another response once the payment clears at which point XenForo will upgrade the user.
OK, thanks Jake. I'll keep an eye on it.

It does say "Cleared - The eCheque payment is complete and the money is in your PayPal account." in PayPal but I'll wait a bit still.

Top Bottom