Implemented  Paid Subscriptions system

Shamil

I'm not sure how many forums use this, but one may find it beneficial to have a paid subscriptions system. In such, this would be useful to donations, or paid subscriptions to gain access to certain content, especially, in the case of a possible CMS.

What do you think?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Nah, just make a usergroup called Donators (Or whatever else they might be paying for), then once you get conformation of a payment through paypal, just put them in it.

Nah, just make a usergroup called Donators, then once you get conformation of a payment through paypal, just put them in it.

That's extra work - I might not always use PayPal. On a subscription system, you'd be constantly manually adding and removing, it'd get pretty hectic, that I'd need reminders to remind me to remove people, if they don't pay.

It's not practical to manually put people in a new usergroup (and take them out) each time they subscribe or cancel, that isn't practical no matter how few subscribers you have. I'm confident the developers know a subscription system is a necessity for any commercial forum on the market.

We have actually implemented this. Thought it was pretty important as an option for people to make money from their forum -- sustainability and all that.

It's a simple system that just gives an extra user group while subscribed/active, but it handles one off payments and recurring subscriptions. It is currently implemented with PayPal.

We have actually implemented this. Thought it was pretty important as an option for people to make money from their forum -- sustainability and all that.

It's a simple system that just gives an extra user group while subscribed/active, but it handles one off payments and recurring subscriptions. It is currently implemented with PayPal.

Lol, well, makes that a lot easier. I'm glad it's already implemented.

Concur on a paid subscription system. Allowing for automatic and manual actions should be available in this day and age, right?

On this, I'd like to see more complete system that allows listing of the Donators/Subscribers. Their details to be seen based on Admin ugroup authorization. Maybe go to some static page, therefore, can be made a bit more transparent on who the "people" are.

a reminder that this is only alpha, I'm sure features like this will pop up by default soon and are maybe already on the developers list, just seemed too obvious to suggest for me at least.

This sounds great. One thing that I think is key. I used to sell a product at a friends board, but vB only allowed one paypal email address for all. Can you have it so you define the paypal email address per subscription as opposed to all or nothing?

Thanks!

I know this is asking way way way way to much. Oh, by the way, will this be code monkey friendly.

I need there to be 6 subscription packages, and a member needs to be able to belong to up to 5 of them. This should work through the secondary user group since there will be people with multiples. The first four every member should be able to see them an purchase them. The last two should only be visible to people that I have pre-screened (these would be for manufactuers and dealers). Perhaps the last two could done be me adding them to a secondary usergroup that allows them to see the last two types of subscriptions.

I know this is a massive request. If the code monkeys could take your subscription system and make it work the way I have mentioned this has suddenly become the most perfect forum software the world has ever seen from the standpoint of my needs.

This is great ... the more ecommerce capability the better. :)

Did you implement iDeal this time, Mike? Just kidding. ;)

I know this is asking way way way way to much. Oh, by the way, will this be code monkey friendly.

I need there to be 6 subscription packages, and a member needs to be able to belong to up to 5 of them. This should work through the secondary user group since there will be people with multiples. The first four every member should be able to see them an purchase them. The last two should only be visible to people that I have pre-screened (these would be for manufactuers and dealers). Perhaps the last two could done be me adding them to a secondary usergroup that allows them to see the last two types of subscriptions.

I know this is a massive request. If the code monkeys could take your subscription system and make it work the way I have mentioned this has suddenly become the most perfect forum software the world has ever seen from the standpoint of my needs.

Specific much? That's mod territory...

Anyways, it's good to hear that it's implemented. In the future, it would be really cool if you could implement something kind of like IP.Nexus where you can customize the action done when the user pays, and the action done when the subscription/payment expires. That way you could give your users little virtual gifts or something like that. Flexibility is king. :)

Specific much? That's mod territory...

Anyways, it's good to hear that it's implemented. In the future, it would be really cool if you could implement something kind of like IP.Nexus where you can customize the action done when the user pays, and the action done when the subscription/payment expires. That way you could give your users little virtual gifts or something like that. Flexibility is king. :)

Well...I was not expecting them to do all of that. My thought was for it to be Code Monkey friendly so one of them could be hired to bring it up to my requirements.

With the plugins system it shouldn't be hard.

I say have a nice plugin system so the platform can be easily modded instead of trying to please everyone. Look at how Ipods, Ipads, Androids are doing it.

That's excellent news. Looking forward to my members using this frequently :p

Will it be possible to make it like a cart system, so you purchase predefine groups and not fall into the trap of 'Group Leaders' defining your fate of Yea/Nah. Would like it to able to use a cart to sell tangible and non-tangible goods within same system. It would be nice to use to sell multiple rotating (or not) ad space on a time limit.

Top Bottom