Implemented  Paid Subscriptions system

Shamil

I'm not sure how many forums use this, but one may find it beneficial to have a paid subscriptions system. In such, this would be useful to donations, or paid subscriptions to gain access to certain content, especially, in the case of a possible CMS.

What do you think?

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
In the user upgrades section, can it move them to a group instead of adding them to additional usergroup?

Also, is there anyway of giving them a user title / graphic etc.. we use this quite a bit in VB, would be ideal if the current paid subs could be imported too :)

Dave.

What happens when a subscription expires?
Do they get a notification email?

Can I upgrade their subscription manually for non-paypal?
Can I get a notification first that their sub is about to expire so I can manually upgrade if I forgot to do it!

Can I resztrict their access on subscription expiry?

Would it be possible to do a member search on subscriber members ONLY? So I get a list of subscribed members? (I have both)
Could this display the status of sub - last date paid? due date?

I would like to know answers to Shanj's questions as well. Can anyone tell us more about the subscription features and what it can do? I am concerned it's not advanced enough to run a full membership site with. Can you make it so when a person registers they must pick a subscription plan before they get access to the site?

I would like to know answers to Shanj's questions as well. Can anyone tell us more about the subscription features and what it can do? I am concerned it's not advanced enough to run a full membership site with. Can you make it so when a person registers they must pick a subscription plan before they get access to the site?
The user just purchages an upgrade, which puts them in an additional user group. You then assign new permissions, a user title, and/or CSS markup to that group. They can't pick a plan when registering.

Will this work with Authorize.net or another payment provider besides paypal?
In theory, yes, but only PayPal has been integrated.

Does this system have the option of a zero cost "paid" subscription? This would be handy in itself to allow for access to resources and want to either have them accept new agreements or renew for support reasons to keep track of active subscription resource utilization.

Also, does this system allow for "x"-time only paid subscriptions? This, inconjunction with the zero cost question, would be used for time-limited or trials that would allow for use for a certain period before requiring payment to continue using the intended resources.

It's not possible to create a zero cost account upgrade.

The duration of the upgrade can be set from as little as 1 day (recurring) to permanent.

Bummer. Time to do some moddification. I understand the duration can be set. Poor working on my part. I was asking if the subscription can be subscribed to "x" times... like limit them to beign able to subscribe only one time and not allowing it after the one has expired.

Apologies, I misunderstood your second point.
That's also not possible, although you can stop the upgrade from being "purchased", allowing it to be manually applied.

Have you guys looked into using the PayPal API for handling subscriptions? The PayPal NVR API is insanely easy to code with and allows you to do a little more advanced stuff (for example a user could cancel their existing recurring subscription without leaving your site). It's always confusing trying to explain to users how to cancel their recurring subscription from within their PayPal account.

Would also let site owners handle refunds (both full and partial) without leaving their XenForo admin control panel.

I implemented it for a project I've been working on, and have been very pleased with the PayPal API. Just an idea that could make all other forum subscription systems pale in comparison to XenForo's.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/howto_api_reference

Any update on this? Anyone working on an authorize.net payment option? Maybe a mod if not in the core?

http://developer.authorize.net/api/

The API seems well documented and easy to set up. No other forum software allows payment with any other providers than Paypal. So having authorize.net as an option would be a BIG win for Xenforo.

Top Bottom