The issue we run into is that many writers want to post for a free critique of their own work -- but they don't take the time to reciprocate and leave feedback for others. To keep things fair, I'd like to create a simple "points system" that forces writers to leave feedback for others in exchange for critiques of their own work.
Here's how the add-on should work:
- An admin can define the forum(s) where this add-on is active. The add-on should only impact the specified forum(s). Let's call these specified forums, "critique forums."
- A member must have two points to start a new thread in a critique forum. If they don't yet have two points, they'll receive an error message in a modal/overlay (indicating they first need two points) when they click the button to start a new topic in a critique forum.
- A member can earn one point by replying to another member's topic in a critique forum. They should only earn one point per thread.
- A member can't earn points for replying to his/her own thread
- A member must be able to see how many points s/he has in their account. I'm open to suggestions on where this information is placed.
Please contact me with your bid and an ETA if you're interested in this project.