Browser issue Pagination not always working on Chrome

imthebest

The following bug report only applies to Chrome. Tested on version 37.0.2062.103 m (Windows 7) with XenForo 1.4 RC2. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce it here at XenForo.com but it happens on my forum and it's still happening after disabling all the add-ons and reverting all the templates so here we go:

When viewing a node there will be some threads which show pagination i.e. ... [3] [4] [5] when hovering the mouse over the title row. However under some random circumstances some threads will not display the pagination (they have more than 1 page) and you have to zoom down to 90% and then get back to 100% to fix the problem and see the pagination for every thread properly (when applies).

I can't share the link of my forum in public but if the devs want to see the problem in action please start a conversation with me so I can reply there because my account is limited (I can't start conversations).

Btw this bug report by @ibnesayeed might be related although my site isn't RTL.

Thanks.

Last edited:
The following bug report only applies to Chrome. Tested on version 37.0.2062.103 m (Windows 7) with XenForo 1.4 RC2. Unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce it here at XenForo.com but it happens on my forum and it's still happening after disabling all the add-ons and reverting all the templates so here we go:

When viewing a node there will be some threads which show pagination i.e. ... [3] [4] [5] when hovering the mouse over the title row. However under some random circumstances some threads will not display the pagination (they have more than 1 page) and you have to zoom down to 90% and then get back to 100% to fix the problem and see the pagination for every thread properly (when applies).

I can't share the link of my forum in public but if the devs want to see the problem in action please start a conversation with me so I can reply there because my account is limited (I can't start conversations).

Btw this bug report by @ibnesayeed might be related although my site isn't RTL.

Thanks.
Could you please post your forum URL so I can try to reproduce this as well?

It happens to me sometime in here as well

Edit
Here are some screenshots from xenforo.com. Taken from Chrome 37.0.2062.103 m, Windows 7 64 bit
1.webp
Nodes as tabs thread: 932 replies = 47 pages ~> works fine

2.webp
Post ratings thread: 2233 replies = 112 pages ~> missing pagination
Same for FoolBotHoneyPot thread 673 replies without pagination
3.webp

Last edited:
I confirm this on my site as well. Only on Chrome.

Same here when viewing Xenforo.com. Happens on all pages of the Off Topic forum, for example. Some threads (with more than 19 replies) display the pagination on mouse over and others not.
The itemPageNav span is being rendered, but invisible on mouse over.

Last edited:
I can reproduce it at times.

Simply triggering something in the dev tools (to cause reflow) is enough to sort it for the page, so it looks like some sort of browser issue. I'll have to try to generate a simpler test case (which may not be trivial).

Mike, it looks like the bug report you posted on the Google.com isn't being taken care of in a timely manner. In the meantime are you able to use some CSS trick/hack in order to make it work on Chrome? Because this is a odd issue for many members...

If Mike marked it as a browser issue and reported it to the browser's creator, it is likely not possible to work around if no "fix" was released into the code base.

Top Bottom