1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Pagenav - how do I remove the Prev and Next text in the smallest responsive?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Stuart Wright, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright Well-Known Member

I want to change the text < Prev and Next > in the pagenav to just the arrows in the smallest responsive style. I.e. remove the Prev and Next text.
    Otherwise they don't fit on one line of the screen.
    How do I do that please?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Try editing the prev and next phrases to: <span class="hiddenResponsiveNarrow">Prev</span> and <span class="hiddenResponsiveNarrow">Next</span>.

3. Stuart Wright

Thanks Brogan, but that doesn't hide the word Next in the smallest design and it introduces a carriage return between the text and the arrow.

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Using Brogan's guide on responsive design, you can try... (obviously surrounded by the appropriate media query)
    Code:
    nav .text {
      display: none;
    }

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I just checked and it does hide the text for both Prev and Next.
    Unfortunately the core CSS has display: inherit !important so it can't be used in this instance.

6. Stuart Wright

I'll have to read that guide. I need to make the smallest responsive design as much like Tapatalk as possible.