• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Page numbers and more

So what I'm trying to do is remove the page number selection from the top of the page and also remove the "page x of y" text from the bottom of the page to just show the numbers.

One other thing that I'm trying to do is remove the " Showing threads x to y of z" on the bottom of the thread index.

Thanks in advance!

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
So what I'm trying to do is remove the page number selection from the top of the page and also remove the "page x of y" text from the bottom of the page to just show the numbers.
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
.PageNav .pageNavHeader
{
	display: none;
}
But I am having trouble hiding the page links on the top using just CSS. You will need to edit this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> forum_view

Remove the red code:

Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_before" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />

<xen:include template="ad_forum_view_above_thread_list" />

<div class="pageNavLinkGroup">

<div class="linkGroup SelectionCountContainer">
		<xen:comment><xen:include template="forum_view_legacy_controls" /></xen:comment>
	</div>

<xen:pagenav link="forums" linkdata="{$forum}" linkparams="{$pageNavParams}" page="{$page}" perpage="{$threadsPerPage}" total="{$totalThreads}" />

</div>

<xen:hook name="forum_view_threads_before" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />

<div class="discussionList section sectionMain">
	<xen:include template="thread_list" />
</div>
One other thing that I'm trying to do is remove the " Showing threads x to y of z" on the bottom of the thread index.
Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> EXTRA.css

Add this code:

Code:
.sectionFooter .contentSummary
{
	display: none !important;
}

Thanks Jake, you've helped me a couple of times already, I appreciate it.

I have one other question, would you know how to remove the section footer entirely?

showing threads.png

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
It removes the inline moderation thing if that's what you mean. You would have to move that to outside of the sectionFooter by editing the templates.

Actually, after messing around for a bit, would you know the code to edit to remove the section footer just from the main content page?