Fixed Pasting image into quick editor causes page reload

AndyB

Affected version
Steps to reproduce:

Go to a thread that has several replies.
Paste an image into the Quick editor.

Notice how the page first reloads (jumps to the top of the page) then back to the bottom of the page to show the Quick editor. Before XenForo v2.2.15 this did not occur. Pasting an image into Quick editor never caused a page reload.

Have the same thing on MacOS with Chrome. It is totally annoying. And I am a little bit baffled that 10 days after reporting this bug there is not even a "verified" from the makers of XenForo.

Upon further investigation, this issue also occurs in XF 2.2.15 so it's not a regression. Please move thread to Resolved bug reports and mark as Not a bug.

I will create a new thread in the XenForo suggestions.

Upon further investigation, this issue also occurs in XF 2.2.15 so it's not a regression.
? You reported it for 2.2.15 in the startposting. So why "also" and what was the further investigation about?
Please move thread to Resolved bug reports and mark as Not a bug.
Why? As you wrote in the start posting:

Before XenForo v2.2.15 this did not occur.
So this behaviour is
1. new with 2.2.15
2. annoying w/o any positive effects that could let one assume it would be intentional

There has also been no reaction at all from the XenForo team over the last 30 days to this bug report and thus also none that the behaviour would be either not new or intentional.

Sounds to me like a bug that appeared in 2.2.15 (and the other posters in this thread seem to share this opinion). What made you change your's?

definitely happens on
v2.2.15 on desktop chrome.

What happens for me is.

Paste from the windows clipboard.
Screen focus goes to the top of the page (not the full top of page mind you)
once the upload is finished uploading, the screen focus is back on the editor further down the page (where the focus is expected).

Last edited:
It's a valid bug report @AndyB.

Has anyone seen an improvement here since yesterday? We are using Froala 4.2 here now.

Glad to hear it is a bug. I just test here and the issue appears to be resolved. Good job!

Is the fix in XF 2.3.0 Beta 3 or will need to wait for next version?

Can't promise there aren't a load more new bugs though. Such is life with Froala.

Thank you, Chris. I sure do appreciate the difficulty in making all this code work. I must say though, XenForo is an amazing software and I sure do enjoy using it.

That was potentially more of a bug with me than Froala. We unintentionally generated some invalid CSS so the height of the "more toolbars" was 0, in case that's what you saw.

And if it’s not a secret, which new editor are you looking at?
Not a secret, exactly, but we're not ready to talk about it yet. It's at an advanced stage though, and XF 3.0 is shaping up nicely so we will be talking about it in hopefully the not too distant future.

Top Bottom