Resource icon

Page as portal homepage

OK, a simple dumb question and I hope it hasn't already been asked.

My forum is in the /forum/ subdirectory. Can this "front page" be placed on the root page as index.php or html or shtml as the case may be and my forum be situated and linked to in the /forum/ directory?

If so, this is absolutely super!
It is best in that case to install Xenforo in the root. I think what you are describing was necessary with vBulletin portal but not Xenforo.

So it works well to have a redirect out of the /forum/ directory to the root, which solves the /forum/forums/ issue

Last edited:
The best that I can come up with is a simple index.php page to provide links to my forum categories. vBulletin used to have a called routine that would place the most recent threads on my front page even though the forum itself was located in /forum/

Hit and Miss EnginesSMOKSTAK Antique Engine Bulletin Board

Antique engine forums related to old iron collecting, restoring and showing hit and miss engines, vintage Diesel, steam engines, antique tractors, antique cars, antique motorcycles, old generators, pumps, industrial and farm antiques and collectibles. There are thousands of old engine photos and thousands of discussions about all types of engines and old iron topics. This is a world wide community with members of all ages from Australia, Europe, North America and other points across the globe.
SmokStak Antique Engine Community
SmokStak Shows, Swaps, Announcements
SmokStak Old Iron and Tractor Forums
Other Vintage and Antique Collectibles
Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques
SmokStak Vintage Electrical Equipment
OVER 200 Forums! 15 Years of Service!
OVER 1,500,000 POSTS in the Forums!

ARTICLES - Today's Ads - ENGINE BOOKS
SITE INFORMATION
dot.gif
SUBSCRIPTIONS
dot.gif
SPONSORS
Powered by Google TranslateTranslate

There is a lot of good information for you to SEARCH through on SmokStak®. This includes nearly 173,000 threads and 1,500,000 posts from 66,000 members and guests on none less than 150 bulletin boards. Plus Classified Ads, and a Media Library. We are also known as Smoke Stack, SmokeStack, SmokeStak, or SmokStack, but SmokStak® is the name you'll see on the site title. Visit Harry's Old Engine home page! It will take you more than a day to sift through all this stuff and beware - it's catching!

Google

Site Search Old-Engine SmokStak and Enginads!​
ARTICLES FORUMS

SMOKSTAK® is a Registered Trade Mark in the United States Patent and Trademark Office​

The materials in this web site are provided as a public service and may be used for informational purposes only. Single copies may be downloaded subject to our TERMS OF USE. By using this site or downloading any materials from it, you agree to our TERMS OF USE. If you do not agree to these TERMS OF USE, do not use this site or download any materials from it.​

Sorry to ask what may seem a dumb question but you state in the instructions to "add the widgets you want". Your temple has a lot of "<xf:widget" code but where can I find a list of codes to add to the template?

Here's a screenshot from the widget page showing one of my widgets:
Screenshot 2020-04-13 at 13.26.54.webp

You then simply add the widget to the template using the widget syntax as shown.

hai. i am new on xenforo..

currently i working on this.. page as homepages..

Untitled.png

any idea what can i put more on homepages..

any idea will be good

also.. any idea how to setup pages custom title, description and keyword

Last edited:
I'm sure there are many examples posted. Just make a couple of Widgets and call them up on the Home node. This is my 'home' page.
  • Siripou chat
  • two latest posts focused on a few specific threads - one from our sponsors' threads and one to focus people on our monthly contest
  • the XTR Featured Threads slider I use to highlight our monthly contest winners
  • another latest post widget focused on member projects
  • a latest posts of all the other general posts
On the side I have a widget choosing the forum style (I have a Light and Dark style) and a column for advertising.

DTT Home Page.PNG

Has anyone had an issue where no content whatsoever is displaying in the actual body of the page? The container is there, but the content doesn't show...has anyone dealt with that? I'm just trying to create a little splash page and maybe add recent or featured threads underneath, but the splash text is not showing. Tried simple HTML in the template, created an HTML widget to see if calling that would help, but nope. Something dumb I've overlooked, but maybe someone else did the same thing?

Edit -- solved. Conflicting widget...

Last edited:
This I know is silly. But none of the widgets are appearing on the page. I'm sure it's probably something simple. But, the only thing I can get to appear is some simple html.

NVM, I didn't have "featured posts" as a widget, so it screwed up the whole display of everything.

Last edited:
Didn't work for me - I now have a "page" node at the end of my list of Heading nodes on the forum page and the home button doesn't do anything! What did I miss?

Top Bottom