Resource icon

Page as portal homepage

I'm not sure what other modifications you've done, but all of the things discussed here, the homepage and widgets, etc., will still display fine on whatever style you're using.
I made custom tab widgets and what about the color changes, different position backgrounds etc?

One last question you might have an answer for.

Would it be possible in latest threads that when something is post in there it bumps to the top again?

The tabbed widgets should work just the same no matter what style. But if you've made some customization to colors, etc., then obviously you might need to create additional widgets and tweak them to match other styes.

As for the bumping threads thing, sounds like you're basically describing new posts. I mean, isn't that what happens when someone makes a new post, it bumps the threads up and shows those threads at the top of new posts...? But maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're wanting. In any case, I couldn't tell you how to change the default behavior. There is at least one addon that allows people to bump threads without posting, but that doesn't sound like what you're looking for either.

The tabbed widgets should work just the same no matter what style. But if you've made some customization to colors, etc., then obviously you might need to create additional widgets and tweak them to match other styes.

As for the bumping threads thing, sounds like you're basically describing new posts. I mean, isn't that what happens when someone makes a new post, it bumps the threads up and shows those threads at the top of new posts...? But maybe I'm not understanding exactly what you're wanting. In any case, I couldn't tell you how to change the default behavior. There is at least one addon that allows people to bump threads without posting, but that doesn't sound like what you're looking for either.
You are right, silly me. Haven't had much sleep and been customising all day gheghe.

Thank you for your time.

I made custom tab widgets and what about the color changes, different position backgrounds etc?

Actually, on second thought, no, any widget you create with default settings should match any style you're using, so you shouldn't have to do anything with the colors. But I'm not sure what else you might be referring to with the "etc." I'd suggest just installing one of the other free styles and check it out firsthand.

So I made a new page node and no matter what I try I can't reach that page, could it be because I have the home set as portal page?

Did you create a navigation link for it?
Doesn't sound like I did, don't need it anywhere in the nav bar though if that's what it is for.

I'm not talking about the portal link though, the portal runs great.

I created a new page for advertising purposes but I can't reach That URL and trying to find out why.

Should be at ... something.com/pages/page name/

Just set parent node to none.
Should be but it's not, been trying to find out where to find it all night but nothing.

Now my forum is in subfolder so mydomain.com/forum and this will lead to the home portal page.

So I got 2 changed routes, forums to kw1 and threads to kw2.

Now I tried all these URL's and none reaches the url of the advertisement page
Code:
mydomain.com/forum/advertisement
mydomain.com/forum/kw1/advertisement
mydomain.com/forum/kw2/advertisement
mydomain.com/forum/pages/advertisment
was typing a lot more till I looked at yours again

Un-ffing believable, I did not have the last / behind it..

That shouldn't be affected by this at all :)
Still happy with your portal stuff only thing I can give critique on is the snippet.

When I post the url that links to the home portal page it will only show the word Home and the url in the snippet, only if I link it to the forum it will show the board title and board meta description.

Any way to fix this?

Last edited:
Will this work if I have my forum installed at /public_html/forums but want the portal page to be in /public_html ?

I want people to be able to hit the forum portal by just going straight to my domain name: www.twtex.com and then have them click through to the forums.

Hmmm... I seem to recall Brogan mentioning that this method would not work if the forum resides in subdirectory like

www.domain.com/forums

That is how I am setup with a simple index.html in my top level directory that has a link to my forum.

Can a portal page be created using the technique in this thread and have it inside the /forums directory and then have a redirect in place so that when people land at www.twtex.com they are automatically redirected to the /forums portal page? If so, can you tell me explicitly what the redirect should look like? I have no idea how they work.

Here is the .htaccess file I currently have in my /public_html directory,

Code:
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule ^ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [L,R=301]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^twtex.com$ [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.twtex.com/$1 [R=301,L]

# LiteSpeed XenForo cache
<IfModule litespeed>
    CacheLookup public on
    RewriteEngine On
     # cache
     RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} !xf_user [NC]
     RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:max-age=360,E="cache-vary:xf_style_id,xf_language_id"]
     # no cache
     RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} xf_user [NC]
     RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:vary=loggedin]
     RewriteCond %{HTTP_COOKIE} xf_user [NC]
     RewriteRule .* - [E=Cache-Control:no-cache]
</IfModule>

# BEGIN cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit
# Manual editing of this file may result in unexpected behavior.
# To make changes to this file, use the cPanel MultiPHP INI Editor (Home >> Software >> MultiPHP INI Editor)
# For more information, read our documentation (https://go.cpanel.net/EA4ModifyINI)
<IfModule php7_module>
   php_flag display_errors Off
   php_value max_execution_time 7200
   php_value max_input_time 60
   php_value max_input_vars 1000
   php_value memory_limit 32M
   php_value post_max_size 8M
   php_value session.gc_maxlifetime 1440
   php_value session.save_path "/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php72"
   php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
   php_flag zlib.output_compression Off
</IfModule>
# END cPanel-generated php ini directives, do not edit

Thanks.

Last edited:
Can't give you the exact blueprint for what you want but don't forget to go into adminCP and look at options for Basic Board Information (board URL, home page URL), Navigation, and maybe Route Filters, because those are the related levers (along with htaccess, maybe) to push and pull to get what you want.

this is great, thanks for the info.

Does anyone know how to center the posts on the page? I do not use any sidebars, and the articles seem to be on the left side of the page.

Does anyone know how to insert/embed/display the [TH] Trending addon posts on a portal page — and I don't mean the widget, as that bit is easy and doesn't display it very nicely.

I want to add HTML widget above Forums Topic like image below. Anyone have idea to do it ?
In XF 1, I installed add-on and insert widget in node trees. But i cannot find that way in XF 2.
Many thanks.

temp.webp

Top Bottom