[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools [Deleted]

I know xf adds a no index tag if chosen, but don't these threads still get added to the sitemap?
No, only indexable threads get added to the sitemap. The Sitemap Handlers for both Nodes and Threads have a function isSearchEngineIndexable(), which comes into play to determine whether a Node or Thread gets added to the sitemap.

No, only indexable threads get added to the sitemap. The Sitemap Handlers for both Nodes and Threads have a function isSearchEngineIndexable(), which comes into play to determine whether a Node or Thread gets added to the sitemap.
Thanks! That's good to know!

Reactions: Bob
If IndexNow could be sewn into this plugin, it would be just super, but the author disappeared

If IndexNow could be sewn into this plugin, it would be just super, but the author disappeared
Maybe Index now [Paid] from @AndyB?

Since February 23 i am waiting for an answer for my opened ticket... :(
I hope our friend is doing well and these are temporary problems. In general, if you look at the trend with vbulletin 4, not one Seo plugin has lived for more than a year. It's unfortunate.

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

XenAddons Compatibility & Dual Mode - Bugfixes - Improvements

Changelog​

Miscellaneous
  • Improved phrasing, changed several hard-coded labels to phrases
  • Fixed a bug where navigation IDs and style ID overrides would not build across nodes under certain conditions
  • Deprecated numerous unneeded templates and Template Modifications
  • Optimized loading of admin CSS templates required by the addon
  • Fixed certain navigational errors for the custom UI in the addon option pages
  • Added a new Connected Addons section...

Read the rest of this update entry...

In the SEO options section the description for the SEO meta description says you can specify on OpenGraph image, assume that's using the wrong phrase
seo.webp

I'm getting this error when trying to install

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'node.nl_seo_allow_index' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230

I'm running the latest versions of XF, Bob's AMS and this plug-in

Too many bugs since last update

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'effective_allow_index' on XFMG:Category[41] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:206
Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(112): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('effective_allow...')
#1 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XFMG/Sitemap/Category.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('effective_allow...')
#2 src/XF/Sitemap/Builder.php(184): Nulumia\SeoTools\XFMG\Sitemap\Category->isIncluded(Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XFMG\Entity\Category))
#3 src/XF/Sitemap/Builder.php(149): XF\Sitemap\Builder->writeContentTypeData('xfmg_category', 0, 6.97255)
#4 src/XF/Sitemap/Builder.php(84): XF\Sitemap\Builder->buildType('xfmg_category', 6.97255)
#5 src/XF/Job/Sitemap.php(27): XF\Sitemap\Builder->build(6.97255)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\Sitemap->run(7.74133)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.74133)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.74133)
#9 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

For each category of media, there is a mistake, apparently when building a site map

Attachments

• 2022-03-17_07-42-39.webp
    2022-03-17_07-42-39.webp
    155.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm still a little confused about how to expect the versioning scheme to be going forward. The current version is 1.0.5 Release Candidate 9 - Does that mean that the alpha release coming next will be an Alpha of 1.0.6? or are you resetting the versioning to 1.0 for the first release.

I'm basically gauging my bets on when to purchase at the beta price.

Thank you
When you get time, could you take another look at this post @Nulumia

Thank you. I appreciate your time.

Nulumia updated SEO & Index Tools with a new update entry:

New Enhanced Schema Features - AMS Compatiblity - Sitemap Improvements

Changelog​

Miscellaneous
  • Improved phrasing, removed hard-coded labels, fixed some missing phrases
  • Various improvements & efficiency tweaks to PHP handlers
  • Improved descriptions and clarity for various admin settings
  • Fixed several incorrect Previous/Next links within admin SEO option pages
  • Improved internal block message system for adding further clarity and alerts for features in progress
Branding & schema
  • Added new...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I am very happy that you update your add-on, it proves that you do not spare yourself to improve it.

However, one thing you should improve is the way you treat your customers. Because if a member of the XenForo forum buys one of your add-ons then he becomes your customer. For my part, I opened a ticket 26 days ago and you did not deign to answer it despite my reminders on your site and here.

Your way of ignoring your customers is truly disappointing. My request is out of order as I indicated to you in my ticket and I could understand that you refuse it even if commercially it would not be completely crazy to accept it. But what really annoys me is that you didn't take the few seconds necessary to answer it, it's not a technical problem, there's nothing to analyze, nothing to develop, nothing to test, just say YES or NO and this in 4 weeks you haven't managed to do it!

So you can close my ticket now, too bad for me but know that a good developer that you are probably will not have a good and long career if you ignore your customers in this way.

I would have been careful not to post this here publicly but if it can help other users then so much the better. I have always been told that a dissatisfied customer makes an average of 10 people dissatisfied, a happy customer 2 or 3... Avoid dissatisfied customers.

Last edited:
I'm getting this error when trying to install

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'node.nl_seo_allow_index' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 230

I'm running the latest versions of XF, Bob's AMS and this plug-in
This should be fixed now in current release, please let me know.
Too many bugs since last update

Code:
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'effective_allow_index' on XFMG:Category[41] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:206
Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(112): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('effective_allow...')
#1 src/addons/Nulumia/SeoTools/XFMG/Sitemap/Category.php(13): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__get('effective_allow...')
#2 src/XF/Sitemap/Builder.php(184): Nulumia\SeoTools\XFMG\Sitemap\Category->isIncluded(Object(Nulumia\SeoTools\XFMG\Entity\Category))
#3 src/XF/Sitemap/Builder.php(149): XF\Sitemap\Builder->writeContentTypeData('xfmg_category', 0, 6.97255)
#4 src/XF/Sitemap/Builder.php(84): XF\Sitemap\Builder->buildType('xfmg_category', 6.97255)
#5 src/XF/Job/Sitemap.php(27): XF\Sitemap\Builder->build(6.97255)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): XF\Job\Sitemap->run(7.74133)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.74133)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(86): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.74133)
#9 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#10 {main}

For each category of media, there is a mistake, apparently when building a site map
This should also be fixed now in current release.

Reviewing this for you
cause if a member of the XenForo forum bu
Hi @nicodak, I understand and agree with everything you're saying here, and I'm taking a few steps to rectify things in this area. Including, hiring another assistant to offload tasks and inquiries, implementing a priority system and high alerts for priority bugs/tickets.

I know this is no excuse but this addon development far outpaced anything expected, and forced many days already with 14-18 non-stop coding sessions, coordinating testing and organizing feedback etc. This is mainly due to the overwhelming amount of requests, suggestions, bug reports, and feature changes/additions, and obviously with bug reports being highest priority. I am only mentioning this, to indicate lessened support is currently a result of sheer exhaustion & time strain from the development.

I realize that may sound like a "negative sign" for ongoing work, but I know this phase of the addon is simply the most difficult and will of course push through it, while making support improvements. I will also as per your mention, be implementing auto-response and timeframe indications for issues. Thank you for your candid feedback.

Last edited:

Yes you are correct. Each numbered version (such as 1.0.6.x) will begin with Alpha, then Beta, then Release Candidate. Finally, the finished/stable version would simply be "1.0.6".

As explained, Alpha and Beta releases are marked as unstable and not recommended for live, although one may use discretion based on reading the changelogs whether they want to install to live. Changelogs will try to indicate when releases are on the safer end or introduce many changes.

The idea is to wrap up added features and testing by the end of Beta releases, so Release Candidates should be a quick polish-up phase.

For example, in the current Alpha editions, I just added the framework for a massive new Schema.org overhaul which will be fleshed out across incoming updates.

There will also be a major breadcrumb and URL rewrite system as well.

Top Bottom