[OzzModz] Post Areas

[OzzModz] Post Areas 2.1.3 Patch Level 2

No permission to download
Hmm, I was wondering, after I had a moment to think about it. Yes, I just hope it lasts, that I don't start seeing the dreaded ""This user hasn't posted anything yet" message again on some users.

By the way, it would be kind of cool if this addon were an option for your Default Profile tab addon.

@ozzy47 I'm glad you took over this add-on. It's a very useful one. Thanks for doing so.

I haven't installed yet but I plan to use it so I can award members for posting in certain forum areas combined with my award extension. Great work.

I run a fairly large forum (4.3 Million posts) and can not get this to work. I had a similar addon on xF 1.5 with no issues.

Every time I try to manually run the cron job to rebuild the cache it fails after about 3 minutes with a Timeout error - when I’m back in I get this server error displayed.
  • XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1062]: Duplicate entry '4-105' for key 'PRIMARY'
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228

If I leave it to run overnight automatically that also fails, leading to an error of

• XF\Db\Exception: MySQL query error [1264]: Out of range value for column 'post_count' at row 1
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228
Assistance much appreciated!

Hello, great addon and used it on version 1.5, only recently upgraded to version 2.1 and how having some issues.

Addon installed and no errors reporting, although it seems to ignore some users all together, wonder what might be causing this?

Many thanks

is there also a way to exclude nodes from showing? Like a way to select only the ones you want displayed?
No, but if a user doesn't have permission to post in a node, then that node won't show for them if they look at threads/posts by members who do have permissions to post in the node.

No, but if a user doesn't have permission to post in a node, then that node won't show for them if they look at threads/posts by members who do have permissions to post in the node.
Also no way to achieve this ? even if its a css solution or something?

Also no way to achieve this ? even if its a css solution or something?
Not that I'm aware of, but @Ozzy47 would be better qualified to answer that. But maybe if you could explain why you'd like to exclude certain nodes, whether it's just because you have a lot of nodes and would like to present a shorter list or improve performance, he might see that there's a need for such an option....? Just a thought.

Not that I'm aware of, but @Ozzy47 would be better qualified to answer that. But maybe if you could explain why you'd like to exclude certain nodes, whether it's just because you have a lot of nodes and would like to present a shorter list or improve performance, he might see that there's a need for such an option....? Just a thought.
i have a lot of nodes indeed and lot of notes are not relevant if you could select yourself which nodes you want to show would be a lot better than having to scroll through a lot of nodes. And i know there is a feature to make the list smaller but then the nodes you want to show will not be visible if you get what i mean.

Hehe. This add-on crashed MySQL on my board. Can't blame it because I ran it on my own account and I have way too many posts. Even cron job failed to finish because server ran out of resources (I run on a pretty low end machine as my traffic is not that much). I wonder if enhanced search database can be used to do it so the processing is much faster? Anyhow, it is indeed a pretty cool feature to have.

Just installed it. Manually run the cron job doesn't show any posts.

1602470111323.webp

1602470184930.webp

Have to un-select the get from cache option. Why?

Top Bottom