[OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread

[OzzModz/Banxix] Bump Thread 2.1.2 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Better define "bump" for people who don't use the jargon. Assume all user levels and possible unfamiliarity with sometimes obscure jargon in writing documentation. Consider all possible users of your plug-ins. As I said, a few phrases can often do wonders. The screenshots of permissions setups are always welcomed, particularly since some of your potential users might not be familiar with their need for add-ons of this sort. Thanks for that.

Remember that time spent on documentation can reduce the need for support forums. I assume you have better things to do than answer questions. Might even encourage a donation or two along the way.

The use of the word clique is about attitude.

Better define "bump" for people who don't use the jargon
That term goes all the way back to usenet where I first ran into it, it's quite safe to assume defining it might be insulting to net denizens. We assume you know what it is the same way we assume you know what 'threads' and 'spam' are. These are terms not jargon. Should I explain what an automotive steering wheel is if I sell a velvet cover for them? No, we assume all automobile operators know what that is. And experience has shown that the more you describe your addon the less it gets read or paid attention to.
The use of the word clique is about attitude.
Well then you're a singular clique! You brought the 'tude, dude. We merely worked with it as best we could.

On your addon you want that was for 1x? I also realized that if you could still find out who that developer was, he/she might still be active and might even update that addon. Definitely worth a look. I've seen it happen here.

I had no attitude. I stated a fact. It's the response that indicates typical online clique behavior. It's also common, as I said, for people of that sort to accuse other of what for which they are guilty, dude. Please pay attention! Your comments were utterly unnecessary.

I had no attitude.
Perception is reality. We both perceived attitude.

I did a search looking for the addon you said you had and I'm sorry to report I could not find anything like it. I think you might be thinking of the old vbulletin feature, of splitting threads (topics) and indeed it might make a good xenforo addon. You can request it HERE and some enterprising dev might just latch on and make it for the community.

You can already split threads in stock XF.
Would explain why there's no addon for it, it's native.

Native - In computing, native software or data-formats are those that were designed to run on a particular operating system. In a more technical sense, native code is code written specifically for a certain processor. In contrast, cross-platform software can be run on multiple operating systems and/or computer architectures.

For example, a Game Boy receives its software through a cartridge, which contains code that runs natively on the Game Boy. The only way to run this code on another processor is to use an emulator, which simulates an actual Game Boy.

No, this was NOT a native feature.

I understand what native means, having lived through Apple's first processor transition to the PowerPC with its 1994 models.

Fair enough.

I do not recall the name of the add-on that allowed you to manually close a thread and make a new one based on it in a single step. So Wildfire Part I becomes Wildfire Part II. I usually run a couple of dozen or so on each of three forums, and do not always notate the names unless I need to refer to settings often.

It doesn't work with XF 2.x, so it doesn't matter.

I do prune older downloads from time to time. Too many.

This thread was created by that add-on, however:

It doesn't work with XF 2.x, so it doesn't matter.

I do prune older downloads from time to time. Too many.

This thread was created by that add-on, however:

So, the addon you had would allow you to split a thread off as a new thread, and automatically close the old one whilst also posting the notice in the old thread?

Top Bottom