[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
When two addons don't get along holding hands it's a conflict in my books irrespective of who's generating the errors. :)
The point was that in order for their add-on to display it's information, they need to add that listener. It wasn't to point fingers at who's add-on was causing the error.

I could always eliminate the hooks for other add-ons to add their criteria. But then people would complain about that. ;)

Sorry, no I don't.

But why not just create a regular custom user field for what you want and make it user editable? Then they can edit it from their account details page.
Thanks for the reply. The only reason I don't want to do it that way is because I don't want it on the accounts / preferences / contact details page. I need them on their own page.

Thanks.

I use the latest version of XF and this addon and the Placeholders are not saved.
I insert them in the Placeholder field of an question and when I hit save they are gone. So I can't use this feature.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Furthermore it would be nice to have an option to select which navigtion tab is selected for each form, when opened.

Thanks for your help!

-Xiomera

Last edited:
I insert them in the Placeholder field of an question and when I hit save they are gone. So I can't use this feature.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Yes, it appears to be a bug.

EDIT: The release below should fix the problem.

Last edited:
before buying, could you explain little bit about Approval Flow ? I am not quiet understand how it work in your form.

A, B and C are Approver
X filled the form, A get notifications and first to approved with comments, then B and C same thing happened, after Approved, X getting notification either has been approved or rejected.

Hopefully single and multi approval will apply. Single mean if any one of them approved, form has been approved. Multiple mean, must be approved from all Approver.

Is it something like that ?

Thanks in advance

before buying, could you explain little bit about Approval Flow ? I am not quiet understand how it work in your form.

A, B and C are Approver
X filled the form, A get notifications and first to approved with comments, then B and C same thing happened, after Approved, X getting notification either has been approved or rejected.

Hopefully single and multi approval will apply. Single mean if any one of them approved, form has been approved. Multiple mean, must be approved from all Approver.

Is it something like that ?

Thanks in advance
Approvals in the forms system only apply to user group additions/promotions. If any one of the people approve the promotion (in your case A), then they are approved without B or C doing anything.

You can optionally define a PC that notifies the applicant if they were approved or denied.

Hi Snog. I had this add on recommended to me by another member. It sounds like this will do what Im after but I just wanted to confirm before I make the purchase. Here is what im after.

I have a forum where we are documenting Flora and Fauna and we have 8 or so nodes/forums where users post in an entry depending on the kingdom. Mammal, Bird, Fish, Plant etc.

Each forum/node has a specific template that we want member's to stick to depending on the kingdom. At the moment uses have to copy and paste from a sticky post the template. What I would like to do is have users presented with a predefined list of fields and dropdowns to make their entry and when they submit this it will post a new thread. An example is:

Botanical Name: (text field)
Family: (list of dropdown options)
Common Name: (text field)
Other Names: (text field)
Distribution: (text box)
Field Notes: (text box)
Uses: (text box)

Will your add on suffice for this and can I..

1. Select the forum this will go into
  2. Have the entry go to all mods/admin for approval before its posted
  3. Automatically assign a prefix of my choice, if yes, will they be notified using the xenforo notifications and be able to approve from somewhere on the front-end?
  4. Automatically put a link to this new entry into an index thread using the botanical name and ordered alphabetically to make it easier for uses to find (maybe a different ad-don will do this)
  5. Change the "post new thread" button in this specific node/forum to "add new entry" (maybe a different ad-don will do this)
Thank you very much for your time and work on this add on!

Hi Snog. I had this add on recommended to me by another member. It sounds like this will do what Im after but I just wanted to confirm before I make the purchase. Here is what im after.

I have a forum where we are documenting Flora and Fauna and we have 8 or so nodes/forums where users post in an entry depending on the kingdom. Mammal, Bird, Fish, Plant etc.

Each forum/node has a specific template that we want member's to stick to depending on the kingdom. At the moment uses have to copy and paste from a sticky post the template. What I would like to do is have users presented with a predefined list of fields and dropdowns to make their entry and when they submit this it will post a new thread. An example is:

Botanical Name: (text field)
Family: (list of dropdown options)
Common Name: (text field)
Other Names: (text field)
Distribution: (text box)
Field Notes: (text box)
Uses: (text box)

Will your add on suffice for this and can I..

1. Select the forum this will go into
  2. Have the entry go to all mods/admin for approval before its posted
  3. Automatically assign a prefix of my choice, if yes, will they be notified using the xenforo notifications and be able to approve from somewhere on the front-end?
  4. Automatically put a link to this new entry into an index thread using the botanical name and ordered alphabetically to make it easier for uses to find (maybe a different ad-don will do this)
  5. Change the "post new thread" button in this specific node/forum to "add new entry" (maybe a different ad-don will do this)
Thank you very much for your time and work on this add on!
The answer is yes to all of your questions except item #4. I don't know of any add-on that will do that.

And for item 3, I assume the notification is meant for item 2. In which case the thread can be placed in moderation and the normal moderation queue and notifications take place.

Are you able to place a header or a line of some sort in the forms available page to separate different forms from each other?

Are you able to place a header or a line of some sort in the forms available page to separate different forms from each other?
You can assign a form type which will separate them according to type.

hello snog,
just getting ripping on these with the awesome options you have added....one thing came up tho i thought to mention in case you have any interest to add another....

got somewhere around 100 questions into various forms creations....then decided we wanted them all styled a certain way by BBcode.....plus have a few more still left to create.....

i did not see any "Global Per Form" BBcode style option......only per question.....
i think it would be really nice for ppl to be able to change Q&A style of an entire form with one setting........then keep the ones you have on the per question basis, but set it to use the global setting unless specified...

what you think? i have a feeling we may end up changing our mind again one day and its a lot of work if you have alot of form questions...

hello snog,
just getting ripping on these with the awesome options you have added....one thing came up tho i thought to mention in case you have any interest to add another....

got somewhere around 100 questions into various forms creations....then decided we wanted them all styled a certain way by BBcode.....plus have a few more still left to create.....

i did not see any "Global Per Form" BBcode style option......only per question.....
i think it would be really nice for ppl to be able to change Q&A style of an entire form with one setting........then keep the ones you have on the per question basis, but set it to use the global setting unless specified...

what you think? i have a feeling we may end up changing our mind again one day and its a lot of work if you have alot of form questions...
It's an interesting idea that I'll put on the wish list for the add-on. But, there's no guarantee as to if or when it might be added.

yeah cool...seems like you almost got it with the color options in misc options...if that was just a bit broader to allow other bbcodes perhaps idk

yeah cool...seems like you almost got it with the color options in misc options...if that was just a bit broader to allow other bbcodes perhaps idk
The color options in the Misc section of a form do not play well with some BB Codes. That's why there's this warning about them...

warning.webp

Top Bottom