[OzzModz] Advanced Forms

[OzzModz] Advanced Forms [Paid] 2.2.4 Beta 5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Thanks for the fast reply @Snog
Sure, I read your note. Hope more people like me request the same feature and you add it in your roadmap ;)

Thanks for the fast reply @Snog
Sure, I read your note. Hope more people like me request the same feature and you add it in your roadmap ;)

It would definitely be a QOL addition, so I'll voice my support for a 'wish list' spot. Doesn't really feel like processing as much as bridging the gap between the database and the forum. It would potentially allow me to designate some of my other admins to pull the CSV, whereas I am the only one with access to the actual database (and don't plan to change that).

Exporting from the database serves my purposes, though, so it's not a necessity. I definitely understand how indulging every request will lead to feature bloat and can become a slippery slope.

@Breixo For giveaways, these forms are probably still the best way to go, but for the anonymous feedback (which you wouldn't want to tie to a thread on your forum) you could always use the forms in Google Docs. You can't strictly limit it to forum users (aside from only sharing the link on your forum) but it automatically saves the results to a spreadsheet. Save you a few steps since you said you put them into a spreadsheet.

As most know, I do consider every request/suggestion at some point in time. This one hasn't been a frequent one by any means. But I do keep an eye on how many ask for something similar. Without knowing the actual numbers off the top of my head, I'd have to say this is sitting around 4 or 5 requests.

I definitely understand how indulging every request will lead to feature bloat and can become a slippery slope.
Too late. :)

I think we're already there. So much so that I am considering hiring someone to do documentation for the add-on. ;)

@Breixo For giveaways, these forms are probably still the best way to go, but for the anonymous feedback (which you wouldn't want to tie to a thread on your forum) you could always use the forms in Google Docs. You can't strictly limit it to forum users (aside from only sharing the link on your forum) but it automatically saves the results to a spreadsheet. Save you a few steps since you said you put them into a spreadsheet.
Sure, but most times I got feedback through giveaway answers... :giggle:

Very good Addon. I am very happy to have bought this addon. Do we can reduce the spaces between one field and another? it is possible to apply it also in resources

Attachments

• esempioper snog.webp
    esempioper snog.webp
    25.4 KB · Views: 16
Very good Addon. I am very happy to have bought this addon. Do we can reduce the spaces between one field and another? it is possible to apply it also in resources
Each question can be set for where it appears in the response...
position.webp

The default is 'Two lines below previous question', change it to 'One line below previous question'.

I don't understand your question about resources. If you mean can new resources be posted using the forms, no they can't.

"you mean can new resources be posted using the forms "
yes I would like to see the form in the resources section too.

Is there any option to add a Start date?
In fact, what I need is just an End date. I can't find it and/or don't know if it is developed.
In not, that would be a nice upgrade for this addon roadmap :)
imaxe006.webp

Hi, I am looking for a popup form from within a resource item where the user can request a version update of said item - can this be achieved with this form addon?

Is there any option to add a Start date?
In fact, what I need is just an End date. I can't find it and/or don't know if it is developed.
In not, that would be a nice upgrade for this addon roadmap :)
Sorry, that's not possible. I will put it on the wish list for the add-on.

Hi, I am looking for a popup form from within a resource item where the user can request a version update of said item - can this be achieved with this form addon?
Sorry, this can't be done from within a resource.

It could be done using a regular form that posts into the existing resource thread.

Reactions: SAB
Is it possible to email the user after the form is submitted if the form has an entry for user's email address.

Use case: the application form. When submit a form, the admin can provide a prepared notification response that will email the user and provide follow up instruction.

Is it possible to email the user after the form is submitted if the form has an entry for user's email address.

Use case: the application form. When submit a form, the admin can provide a prepared notification response that will email the user and provide follow up instruction.

Do you mean for guests?

If not, you can already accomplish this, after a fashion. XF2 sends a notification email to users (at the email they register from) when receiving a new private Conversation message. If it's not already toggled, you can set this to include the full text of the conversation message in AdminCP > Setup > Options > Threads, discussions and conversations.

Snog's add-on allows you to send private Conversations to the user. You can set that in AdminCP > Advanced Forms > Forms > Edit Form > Report Type > User PC Options

Therefore, if you send a PC with the follow-up instructions to the user, they should also receive an email with the same.

@Snog
Appreciate the response. I am aware of the redirect link option.
I wonder if you would consider the option to email the admin/form submitter. In many cases, it's important for the user to get a copy via email of all the information they submit as a receipt, like in a financial transaction.

Directing them to a page is good, but it is not a permanent record that the user can search in their inbox.
Thanks again.

@Snog
Appreciate the response. I am aware of the redirect link option.
I wonder if you would consider the option to email the admin/form submitter. In many cases, it's important for the user to get a copy via email of all the information they submit as a receipt, like in a financial transaction.

Directing them to a page is good, but it is not a permanent record that the user can search in their inbox.
Thanks again.
I'll put it on the wish list for the add-on.

But I'll say this...

I'm not very keen on sending automated emails to guests. Doing that has the very real potential of turning a site into a spam generator by guests entering nonsense information and sending it off to random email addresses. Blocking that kind action is next to impossible to do.

I'll put it on the wish list for the add-on.

But I'll say this...

I'm not very keen on sending automated emails to guests. Doing that has the very real potential of turning a site into a spam generator by guests entering nonsense information and sending it off to random email addresses. Blocking that kind action is next to impossible to do.
Thank you for considering it.
I fully understand the concern about spamming people but it's a feature that is very useful to our audience who is very niche that is unlikely to be abused by the public. You can even have capcha displayed on any page that is open to the public so spammer/bot is prevented.

Tried to upgrade from 1.2.16 (XF1) to 1.0.10 (XF2)

Code:
XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1048]: Column 'secposterid' cannot be null in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 78
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 245
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/addons/Snog/Forms/Setup.php at line 323
    Snog\Forms\Setup->upgrade1000070Step2() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 122
    Snog\Forms\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 71
    Snog\Forms\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 449
    XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Tried to upgrade from 1.2.16 (XF1) to 1.0.10 (XF2)

Code:
XF\Db\DuplicateKeyException: MySQL query error [1048]: Column 'secposterid' cannot be null in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 78
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 245
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/addons/Snog/Forms/Setup.php at line 323
    Snog\Forms\Setup->upgrade1000070Step2() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 122
    Snog\Forms\Setup->upgradeStepRunner() in src/XF/AddOn/StepRunnerUpgradeTrait.php at line 71
    Snog\Forms\Setup->upgrade() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/AddOn.php at line 449
    XF\Admin\Controller\AddOn->actionUpgrade() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
I can't seem to duplicate this.

Also, could you please send me a PC with the username of the owner of the add-on? I don't show you as owning either the XF1 or XF2 version.

And if you can, export your forms in XF1 and send me the exported XML so I can test it on my development server using your data.

Top Bottom