[oxy] News Portal [Paid] [Deleted]

Back with an update!

I'll release the next version on Sunday whether I'm done with all the features I'd like to have done by then or not. Some styles included :p I'll try to get some screen shots up of what to expect between now and then.
I want screens ! :D

Just bought this and really pleased with it so far.

One question, I have "news/" set as my Index Page Route so that this portal loads up by default, but the "home" tab is not lit up as active.

Any ideas?

Just bought this and really pleased with it so far.

One question, I have "news/" set as my Index Page Route so that this portal loads up by default, but the "home" tab is not lit up as active.

Any ideas?
Because it doesn't not act as the home link. So when /news is active the css is only checking for index.php and not index.php?news

Last edited:
Because it doesn't not act as the home link. So when /news is active the css is only checking for index.php and not index.php?news

Managed to make a template edit to achieve what I needed in the end.

One problem/bug I have found though, I am testing the "top left" ad slot and noticed it loads everytime when infinite scroll is turned on, i.e. everytime it loads another set of articles it loads another ad slot.
It should only load the ad slot on each page load, not ajax call surely?

@0xym0r0n, can I ask you for one thing? Please stop making announcement and promises and just release. It's making you look very unprofessional in my opinion. I know how hard it is, I love to tease, I love the reaction of the audience, but you are offering a paid product here and while you got us all excited with the foundation, everything else has been lacking and - that's just my opinion - you should just deliver instead of talking the talk all the time. This might sound harsh, but it isn't meant to be. It's just that you get everyone's hopes up and ... nothing happens. Not even an apology? Come on, deliver instead of talking! We know you can do it.

Managed to make a template edit to achieve what I needed in the end.

One problem/bug I have found though, I am testing the "top left" ad slot and noticed it loads everytime when infinite scroll is turned on, i.e. everytime it loads another set of articles it loads another ad slot.
It should only load the ad slot on each page load, not ajax call surely?

I have temporarily fixed this, by adding id="articleContainer" to the main article container, and changing the infinite scroll selector to #articleContainer, this stops it pulling any ads in.

Also noticed that both ads are using the same id, this is fine if you only use one, but they should be unique if using both. :)

Also another tweak I made in the main template, I changed:

Code:
$container.masonry('appended', $newElems, true);

to

Code:
$container.masonry('appended', $newElems, true).xfActivate();

Which enables the thread previews when you hover over the title for article blocks which have been added via ajax/infinite scroll. Otherwise it only works on the blocks shown on initial page load.

I use bd Widget Framework but i don't know how use expression...
I would show News Portal in full page, without sidebar
My link is www.macroforum.org/news
Thanks...
Antonio

Your best bet is to ask in the support thread for the framework. Assuming you are using "all" as the placement, I wouldn't know how to explicitly exclude certain pages.

Visibility for the sidebar and widget can be controlled completely from the framework add-on itself so xfrocks should be able to give you a solution.

Back with an update!

I'll release the next version on Sunday whether I'm done with all the features I'd like to have done by then or not. Some styles included :p I'll try to get some screen shots up of what to expect between now and then.
Is there going to be an update to this? No screenshots, sunday never came. I mean its all good to have a roadmap and all in your resource details, but to provide no update or anything is quite bad for a paid addon.

Top Bottom