[oxy] News Portal [Paid] [Deleted]

Is there going to be an update to this? No screenshots, sunday never came. I mean its all good to have a roadmap and all in your resource details, but to provide no update or anything is quite bad for a paid addon.
Agreed. Im quite disappointed I paid for this only to see it get abandoned a few weeks later.
Especially when a more robust option is free :mad:

This add-on is perfect for what I was looking for after checking out all the other Portal add-ons.

I would be happy to maintain this if Oxy doesn't have the time anymore. I have already fixed some of the bugs for my own site and reduced the query count. Currently working on an image resizer/cacher too that can reduce the size of the images displayed on the front page.

Obviously I can't really do anything without Oxy's say so. :)

This add-on is perfect for what I was looking for after checking out all the other Portal add-ons.

I would be happy to maintain this if Oxy doesn't have the time anymore. I have already fixed some of the bugs for my own site and reduced the query count. Currently working on an image resizer/cacher too that can reduce the size of the images displayed on the front page.

It would fantastic! ( +1 for reduce weight of images loaded! )
Antonio

@0xym0r0n can you please give the addon to @alexp999 to maintain. It seems as if you spent more time writing the roadmap than actually bothering to keep us updated on what is going on with this addon. This addon has so much potential yet you have trouble even posting screenshots, and promises after promises have been unkept, the last one which is already 2 months overdue.

@0xym0r0n can you please give the addon to @alexp999 to maintain. It seems as if you spent more time writing the roadmap than actually bothering to keep us updated on what is going on with this addon. This addon has so much potential yet you have trouble even posting screenshots, and promises after promises have been unkept, the last one which is already 2 months overdue.
+1 !

Hi guys,

New version 1.12e has been uploaded, with the following changes:
  • Performance optimisations and query count reductions
  • Fixed style properties not applying properly
  • Stop ads being repeated when infinite scroll is enabled
  • Enable hover features on content loaded via infinite scroll
Oxy is still working on bringing new features/styles, but I wanted to get a bug fix release out to you guys.

Let me know if you have any problems, or any other bugs which still need fixing. I will then start work on bringing a customisable navigation tab and image cacher/resizer.

thanks @alexp999. Just installed update on test site. I've been messing with this myself trying to move it to http://isotope.metafizzy.co/ so as to enable filtering of content.

Maybe using this ? https://github.com/dynamick/multiple-filter-masonry

Being able to filter dataset makes the whole view more useful as a landing page.

Let me know if you have any problems, or any other bugs which still need fixing.

I'm getting images repeated on infinite scroll. 1st image on page shows for all on page and then next page the 1st image on page 2 is repeated etc.

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    122.1 KB · Views: 15
Strange as it is not happening on my dev site. Will PM you guys a version to try, before uploading a new version officially.

New version 1.12f has been uploaded, with the following changes:
  • Fixes image repeating issue introduced with 1.12e
  • Fixes template error when there are no threads to show
  • Fixes template error when there are no attachments to show
  • Link article image to thread. (Images are now clickable).
Thanks to @arms and @tajhay for testing.

My ToDo list for future versions:
  • Allow configuration of how image gets chosen if there is more than one attachment
  • Add a customisable navigation tab
  • Implement an image cacher/resizer, to reduce front page bandwidth/load time
  • Strip BBCode from article snippets

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestions. Point one should be do-able, regarding the second point, Oxy is working on a featured slider to run at the top of the news portal, if that is what you mean?
Yes.

And for the first option, it's possible to add in the next release ?

Yes.

And for the first option, it's possible to add in the next release ?

I will have to discuss with Oxy to see how far they have got with the next "feature" release.

I have been working on bug fix/optimisation releases, but do plan to add some features (as noted above) in future releases.

Top Bottom