[oxy] News Portal [Paid] [Deleted]

No no I've been having a lot of trouble with things outside of this and didn't want to bother anyone with what was going on. I'd rather just upload it and get it out than continue to make excuses over and over. Don't fret it will come just not on schedule at all. I will try to think of some way after the update to appease the time lost. I didn't realize the amount of replies I had. I had mostly been paying attention to private messages. Sorry for being oblivious to replies here folks.

I'll upload what I feel is good to use now and just continue as I was before. Development should be back on track December 1st. Holidays aren't helping lol

FYI if I don't respond to this thread immediately please feel free to tag me. I noticed right away when I was just tagged. Sorry.

Last edited:
Error:
Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') DESC LIMIT 5' at line 9

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in OXY/News/Model/Articles.php at line 26
  6. OXY_News_Model_Articles->getNewsArticles() in OXY/News/ControllerPublic/News.php at line 21
  7. OXY_News_ControllerPublic_News->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  8. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/fofotest/public_html/forum/index.php at line 13

Awesome :)

Can you please make the images make a copy and resize the images? Most of the images on my board are over 2000 pixels wide and between 2 - 5 meg in size. The page barely loads.

Thanks.

Can you please make the images make a copy and resize the images? Most of the images on my board are over 2000 pixels wide and between 2 - 5 meg in size. The page barely loads.

Thanks.
Yes, I'll work on it. Would you be alright using thumbnails until that is done with? I can send you a replacement file to work with the thumbnails used.

Hey there,

I am not in a rush :) I have not launched it as a part of my site. When it works properly I will launch it. I think this is a fantastic addon but needs to be done right. So far you have been doing a really great job.

I do have a suggestion though that is actually something that should be done now. The addon defaults to /news/. The problem is I already use a forum as /news/. If you could get your addon to be something like /uniquenamehere/ that would be great. We can then just route it via the admin cp.

Thanks.

Hey there,

I am not in a rush :) I have not launched it as a part of my site. When it works properly I will launch it. I think this is a fantastic addon but needs to be done right. So far you have been doing a really great job.

I do have a suggestion though that is actually something that should be done now. The addon defaults to /news/. The problem is I already use a forum as /news/. If you could get your addon to be something like /uniquenamehere/ that would be great. We can then just route it via the admin cp.

Thanks.
Yes, I will look into that. Not a priority for right now, but I will add it to the list. I can send you the files to change the name if you need it done for testing on the live site. Just private message me and I'll send you an alternate route.

Thanks.
@0xym0r0n Yes, big problem :)
Photos are resized but loaded in original megabytes...
Please correct this :)

Last edited:
Suggestion: an option to add the title to appear in the image, as an Wordpress article for example.

Example: http://www.avforums.com/
My new "style options" for the add-on will have at least 1 option like this. Maybe not looking exactly the same, but it will be on top of the image. With some CSS edits you could mimic that design.

Suggestion: Add Accordion news

Example:

- http://8wayrun.com/
- http://www.avforums.com/
I will consider the accordion news. I do have plans for a pinned or featured article(s) that always remain on top.

My new "style options" for the add-on will have at least 1 option like this. Maybe not looking exactly the same, but it will be on top of the image. With some CSS edits you could mimic that design.

I will consider the accordion news. I do have plans for a pinned or featured article(s) that always remain on top.
Great, i no wait :D

Top Bottom