[oxy] News Portal [Paid] [Deleted]

It's probably just the lag to the US then if it's in NZ. The news page took much longer than anything on the rest of the site though. Is it a shared host? Are you using a cache?

It's probably just the lag to the US then if it's in NZ. The news page took much longer than anything on the rest of the site though. Is it a shared host? Are you using a cache?
Using Cache and its dedicated server. No issues on the server itself...i comfortably run over 90+ addons with no issues.

I think it could be due to the start posts of my threads as they are usually quite long, and in many instances users copy and paste information from news websites. Still i dont get it....the main page is powered by xenporta and runs this huge query
Code:
SELECT thread.*
    user.*, IF(user.username IS NULL, thread.username, user.username) AS username,
    node.title AS node_title, node.node_name,
        GREATEST(COALESCE(thread_read.thread_read_date, 0), COALESCE(forum_read.forum_read_date, 0), 1381564836) AS thread_read_date,
    IF(thread_watch.user_id IS NULL, 0,
        IF(thread_watch.email_subscribe, 'watch_email', 'watch_no_email')) AS thread_is_watched,
    thread_user_post.post_count AS user_post_count,
permission.cache_value AS node_permission_cache
FROM xf_thread AS thread

LEFT JOIN xf_user AS user ON
        (user.user_id = thread.user_id)
    LEFT JOIN xf_node AS node ON
        (node.node_id = thread.node_id)
    LEFT JOIN xf_thread_read AS thread_read ON
        (thread_read.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        AND thread_read.user_id = 1)
        LEFT JOIN xf_forum_read AS forum_read ON
            (forum_read.node_id = thread.node_id
            AND forum_read.user_id = 1)
    LEFT JOIN xf_thread_watch AS thread_watch
        ON (thread_watch.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        AND thread_watch.user_id = 1)
    LEFT JOIN xf_thread_user_post AS thread_user_post
        ON (thread_user_post.thread_id = thread.thread_id
        AND thread_user_post.user_id = 1)
LEFT JOIN xf_permission_cache_content AS permission
    ON (permission.permission_combination_id = 84
        AND permission.content_type = 'node'
        AND permission.content_id = thread.node_id)
WHERE (thread.discussion_state IN ('visible')) AND (thread.last_post_date > 1383552036) AND 1=1 AND thread.node_id IN ('10', '18', '17', '12')
ORDER BY thread.last_post_date DESC
LIMIT 7
in 0.002063 seconds.

It is quite puzzling. @0xym0r0n had mentioned to me that others were loading slow but mine was loading super fast.

Size of post wouldn't have anything to do with it.

I believe the issue with many larger sites is the shear number of posts it pulls on due to infinite scroll ignoring the query limits. 1.13 will address the loading issue, hopefully for everyone. I couldn't postpone updates any longer. So 1.12c addressed the easier issues to fix and 1.13 will contain more options+lag fix.

I know images are an issue but I've tried and tried again and I can't manage to reproduce the lag issues on my personal sites unless I'm uploading larger images *images i take from holidays that are quite large* and that's even with clearing my cache. When cleared it takes less than 2-3 seconds to load my first set of images on my worst connection *my phone* lol. So I will be adjusting the way attachments are displayed and/or retrieved.

If your forum is pulling 100s of posts that could be the issue and again, 1.13 will address this big issue.

I will try to post an eta on 1.13 sometime tomorrow when I can organize all the information and go over it again.

Well. But I uploaded three photos in the message, but in the news, only one image, and

As a wish - you can use phrases?
Right now News portal is to be used as a news portal and so display multiple images attached to the same article isn't what I was aiming for. I'll send you some adjusted files tomorrow afternoon to give you what you're looking for.

Last edited:
I cant really use this anymore since my forum's private right now but I wanted to ask, did you ever add bd widget integration?

Getting this error: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 82 bytes) in /home/optiks/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304"

When trying to upgrade the addon to 1.12c
:confused:

error

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') DESC LIMIT 8' at line 9

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in OXY/News/Model/Articles.php at line 26
OXY_News_Model_Articles->getNewsArticles() in OXY/News/ControllerPublic/News.php at line 21
OXY_News_ControllerPublic_News->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134

idem, error...

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') DESC LIMIT 10' at line 9 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generado por: Gimomo, Hoy a las 10:01
Seguimiento
#0 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(' ?        ?SELE...')
#1 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), ' ?        ?SELE...')
#2 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(' ?        ?SELE...')
#3 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(' ?        ?SELE...', Array)
#4 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/OXY/News/Model/Articles.php(26): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(' ?        ?SELE...')
#5 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/OXY/News/ControllerPublic/News.php(21): OXY_News_Model_Articles->getNewsArticles(Array)
#6 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): OXY_News_ControllerPublic_News->actionIndex()
#7 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home2/gimomo/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Getting this error: "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 82 bytes) in /home/optiks/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304"

When trying to upgrade the addon to 1.12c
:confused:
Have you tried re-installing? I know sometimes I've got this error when installing other add-ons in the past.

error

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') DESC LIMIT 8' at line 9

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in OXY/News/Model/Articles.php at line 26
OXY_News_Model_Articles->getNewsArticles() in OXY/News/ControllerPublic/News.php at line 21
OXY_News_ControllerPublic_News->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
Ah shoot I didn't write in a fallback if no forums were found. Go to the options and be sure to select a forum! It'll go away. It's trying to retrieve from nothing and throwing an error

idem, error...

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') DESC LIMIT 10' at line 9 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generado por: Gimomo, Hoy a las 10:01
Seguimiento
#0 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(' ?        ?SELE...')
#1 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), ' ?        ?SELE...')
#2 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(' ?        ?SELE...')
#3 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(' ?        ?SELE...', Array)
#4 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/OXY/News/Model/Articles.php(26): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll(' ?        ?SELE...')
#5 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/OXY/News/ControllerPublic/News.php(21): OXY_News_Model_Articles->getNewsArticles(Array)
#6 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): OXY_News_ControllerPublic_News->actionIndex()
#7 /home2/gimomo/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home2/gimomo/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Exactly what I said to the last person lol

"Ah shoot I didn't write in a fallback if no forums were found. Go to the options and be sure to select a forum! It'll go away. It's trying to retrieve from nothing and throwing an error"

multiple forum works, but not every forum, eg.

1.- Forum is selected "Zona Playstation"
news1.webp

2.- the news is created
news2.webp

3.-but the news does not appear in the portal ...
news3.webp

PS: If only forum under "playstation" by appearing, but not selected as multiple forum.

concerning the properties of the style, still not working.

the only thing that works ... are "News Title Character Count" and "News Article Word Count for Snippet" but nothing more.

news4.webp

multiple forum works, but not every forum, eg.

1.- Forum is selected "Zona Playstation"

2.- the news is created

3.-but the news does not appear in the portal ...
Uncheck "Show Articles That Only contain Images"
It's just above the forums. Zona Playstation is using an image but it's not attached.

I'll find a fix for the style properties. For now you may find oxy_news_portal.css and adjust the css in there or using extra.css to overwrite specific items. I can also help you if you don't want to mess with the code.

what if I turn out, is to modify the data directly from the payroll, IT WORKS

1.- NOT WORKING
news5.webp

news6.webp

2 IT WORKS
news7.webp
news8.webp

perfect ... thank you very much ...
there will be some way to put thumbnails external web link?
Yes that's a future update to read embedded images and videos as well. There's no eta on that but I'd very much like this in the add-on and feel it's extremely needed.

Have you tried re-installing? I know sometimes I've got this error when installing other add-ons in the past.
Yes, I first tried upgrading. This error occurred. I then uninstalled, and then reinstalled 1.12c. And am now unable to even reinstall that 1.12c add on.

Previous version installed flawlessly...

Top Bottom