[oxy] News Portal [Paid] [Deleted]

Okay, so I think I found a problem.

Something for sure - The attachment it displays in the boxes is the actual attachment. Meaning if an image is 5mb it will load the 5mb image and scale it down to fit in the box, however it is still loading a 5mb image. If each box has a 5mb image and you have 10 boxes you need to download 50mb. This should be changed so that it uses a resized attachment to display (ie 250px x 250px - even if the real attachment is 5000px x 5000px).

I don't know how your addon pulls the information to display, but I am going to assume if you want it to load 1000 boxes but only display 5 at a time it will get the user to download 1000 boxes data. I don't know if this is the case, but I tried this on my forum and on one of my nodes it would not even load the page, as I am assuming it was downloading gigabytes worth of attachments.

Yes when I was using the cache it loaded images almost instantly. Doing it this way takes a few more seconds. The next update will contain cache the items.

I just want to update everyone that I'm working on the fixes now and through out the day. I will update today with a cache to speed up the loading of entries and I will fix the issue with multiple forums not being pulled properly. I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope everyone is at least pleased with the basic options and layout.

Continue to report any issues directly to me or here.

I just want to update everyone that I'm working on the fixes now and through out the day. I will update today with a cache to speed up the loading of entries and I will fix the issue with multiple forums not being pulled properly. I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope everyone is at least pleased with the basic options and layout.

Continue to report any issues directly to me or here.

Glad your on top of it. I bought it for it's future so I am not stressing. I think it will be pretty good when you are done.

Selecting multiple forums doesn't work, it uses the highest selected one. Not sure if it was already reported though.
Yeah it's the array_shift doing that D:

Ok fixed it:
Go to OXY/News/Model/Articles.php
Replace:
$oxyForums = array_shift($oxyForumPick);
With:
$oxyForums = "'". implode("', '", $oxyForumPick) ."'";

Also the query made is insane lol, it's taking 2 seconds just for that query.

Last edited:
I would suggest adding a "loading" indicator so users know that more is going to load when they scroll. It might be a good idea to prefetch the next selection of articles as well.

As far as resizing the full size images. That is how XenForo does it in the forums. That's why you can click them to see full size.

I would suggest adding a "loading" indicator so users know that more is going to load when they scroll. It might be a good idea to prefetch the next selection of articles as well.

As far as resizing the full size images. That is how XenForo does it in the forums. That's why you can click them to see full size.
There is an indicator but it might be hidden behind the articles items. I'll look into that as well.

haha the indicator is a loading circle, says "loading more" in white, and has a black background box. it should clearly show on any style so I'll add that that to the template fix list.

With the cache, how does that work? I would suggest attachments (some of my users upload images over 5mb) have their own folder specifically for this addon which makes them the smallest size needed by the addon (so a 5mb file is now 50kb). Unless that is what you mean?

To add, can you please change the address from /news/ to something else? I already use a /news/ and whatever you change it to can be changed using Xenforo. Perhaps something like /blocksportal/ or something not likely to be used by people?

Thanks.

at first glance, the article links are relative to root which doesn't work if the forum is in a subdirectory, and it displays any attachment as an image even if it is not an image file which displays as a broken image placeholder, so could/should ignore non-image attachments, and maybe an option to ignore non-image threads would be nice, it seems to only parse the first selected forum not all selected forums, and it displays unnecessary blank page links when there is only one page of results

nice concept, I've been wishing for any way to display thread lists as images with infinite scroll, and this does that, so I'm happy to see this

I just wish it wasn't limited to a single instance/configuration, I could use something like this to display all sorts of sets of forums, especially if it had category-like navigation for child forums,... and/or if it could detect and use @Waindigo thread-thumbnails.... I'm all for anything that makes thread lists more graphical....

at first glance, the article links are relative to root which doesn't work if the forum is in a subdirectory, and it displays any attachment as an image even if it is not an image file which displays as a broken image placeholder, so could/should ignore non-image attachments, and maybe an option to ignore non-image threads would be nice, it seems to only parse the first selected forum not all selected forums, and it displays unnecessary blank page links when there is only one page of results

nice concept, I've been wishing for any way to display thread lists as images with infinite scroll, and this does that, so I'm happy to see this

I just wish it wasn't limited to a single instance/configuration, I could use something like this to display all sorts of sets of forums, especially if it had category-like navigation for child forums,... and/or if it could detect and use @Waindigo thread-thumbnails.... I'm all for anything that makes thread lists more graphical....

read the thread. There is a temp fix for using all forums.

Selecting multiple forums doesn't work, it uses the highest selected one. Not sure if it was already reported though.
Yeah it's the array_shift doing that D:

Ok fixed it:
Go to OXY/News/Model/Articles.php
Replace:
$oxyForums = array_shift($oxyForumPick);
With:
$oxyForums = "'". implode("', '", $oxyForumPick) ."'";

Also the query made is insane lol, it's taking 2 seconds just for that query.

"read the thread"? ,

never mind.... don't even bother .... uninstalling....

I gave you the info you need and you are upset? It's not my add-on so if that is to show me then fail.

Many questions are answered by reading the thread and the author even has a roadmap of what's coming in the resource post.

He's just trying to help out. :)
I know, and so was I, it's just not helpful and slightly condescending to tell me to read the thread, and for the addon author to like it, when I brought up two major points which have not been mentioned previously and which render the whole addon completely useless, I shouldn't get jumped on for so briefly mentioning an issue that was previously mentioned, much less should all my other concerns go so rudely unacknowledged, over a paid addon that hardlinks relative to root,

I gave you the info you need and you are upset? It's not my add-on so if that is to show me then fail.

Many questions are answered by reading the thread and the author even has a roadmap of what's coming in the resource post.

telling me to read the thread is not giving me all the info I need, I don't know what makes you think so,

and now you're telling me it's not your addon and that I failed.....

ok, whatever........

@0xym0r0n, show me where this thread says it hardlinks to root and displays broken image placeholders to explain why you liked the post telling me to read the thread or give me my dang money back, this is ridiculous.....

Top Bottom