1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overlay text modification

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Neil E., Jul 13, 2012.

1. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I can't find the template location for this specific overlay. I want to modify the h1 text which appears to be text that is not acquired from a phrase. Using Search Templates, I couldn't locate "heading h1" in a template.

How do I go about altering the text?

helper_login_form calls the h2 text from a phrase and I could use a different phrase, but it's h1 I'm interested in and h1 is not referenced in this template.

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

That is not a default XenForo Template.
    It can only look to me like helper_login_form, but edited a little bit.

EDIT: Have you tried a search for the phrase log_in, and check which templates contain that.
    BTW, it's not because the output is <h2 class="header h1"> that the templates contain that same text :)
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I believe it is phrased.

The template, I believe, which contains the phrase is called login:

<xen:title>{xen:phrase log_in}</xen:title>
    <xen:include template="helper_login_form" />
    Vincent likes this.
  4. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

login is the correct template, but how did you locate it using search templates?
    Since the phrase "log_in" could be used in other locations maybe I should make a new phrase just to be safe

EDIT: I modified "log_in" and it did show up in other places, so I did a revert. I made a custom phrase and did a TMS mod to the login template. Works perfect. Thanks for helping.

I have to say I'm very pleased with the help I've received on this XenForo forum.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I searched templates for:

<xen:title>{xen:phrase log_in}

The reason for that is, the blue bar in an overlay is always pulled from the <xen:title> tags of the template.

The blue bar contains the word Log In so the phrase for that is log_in, therefore the template that contains it contains <xen:title> {xen:phrase log_in} </xen:title>

Searching for that found the login template.

Quite long winded, I guess, but it got there in the end :D

EDIT: Yeah there's 6 templates that contain the phrase {xen:phrase log_in}.

You probably want to create a new phrase, as you said.