1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdated Templates (revert option)

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Shelley, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Just a thought whether it would be beneficial to include a revert icon/ revert function on the outdated templates page. Preferably to the far right? See screenshot which explains it better than I can. :D

Attached Files:

steven s, CyberAP, Dragonfly and 2 others like this.
  2. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

The red X's are supposed to do exactly that. Revert! However, the way they use it is confusing. It really doesnt delete it, or it does and just replace the out dated template with the default one.

anotheralias likes this.
  3. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

The first time I upgraded I thought it did just that :D

4. Shelley

If you hover over the icon in the template listings it states revert which to me is self explanatory in itself. Perhaps a text based solution too the far right can be added instead "revert" but I guessed using the icon would have been better for consistencies sake.

5. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

forget what i said earlier, i got ahead of myself. Sorry for that. I just checked the templates and there is no x's. :D

I'm all for that suggetion.

Shelley likes this.
  6. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

The red X with "delete" confused me too until someone explained it. I get that coders know it means revert, but I'm not a coder.

Dragonfly likes this.
  7. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Well, it does delete the custom template. It just doesn't explain well that the deleted template is replaced with a default one.

8. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I think it is very confusing to have it as a delete X - a circular arrow icon would better indicate revert imho, and the confirmation pop up even says "delete this template" bit scary the first time :p

9. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Totally agree -- why have something that's confusing to people who don't code, when it's just as easy to use the word Revert? User-friendliness, baby!

10. Shelley

From Kims "arrow" idea I quickly designed an icon. Mockup (below).

Attached Files:

anotheralias and Dragonfly like this.
  11. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Nice one Shelley! I had in mind a little more circular, but that one works too :D

otto, w.steinbauer and darkangel like this.
  12. Shelley

Something like below. :)

Attached Files:

CyberAP likes this.
  13. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

That's good Shelley, certainly says revert or "go back" to me... as opposed to the red X which says.... KILL KILL KILL... :p

Shelley likes this.
  14. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I like this one! But I think it should be red because we delete all the changes.

15. Shelley

Roflmao.

Revert template - *popup box* >> your going to kill your style you seriously don't want to click me. Nah I liked yours better. :p

The psd is at hand for kier or mike when and if they want to include this suggestion pending they don't go down the text route.

Dragonfly likes this.
  16. Shelley

The psd that is available will take a second to make the colour change. I'll make the psd available if it gets used and will post many coloured variants. :)

17. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Tbh, I think it's better to just use a "Reset" or "Revert" CSS button, but that's me.

Shelley likes this.
  18. Shelley

More I think about it I am inclined to agree. A css based "revert" button would get my vote. There's enough space for it and no chance of cluttering.

19. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

That would be good, and very clear.