Outdated templates and 1.2

John

Does the "Outdated Templates" feature not work in 1.2 Beta1? I ask because none of my 1.1.5 stock styles nor my framework templates show they are outdated...which will make finding the ones I need to make compatible with 1.2 difficult.

It's sort of a known issue right now and I'm trying to figure out how best to handle it, but don't install an old style in 1.2. The outdated system only picks things up if you upgrade the installation.

This is necessary to do the merging as it needs 3 particular versions of the template and it doesn't know how to relate them correctly with a fresh install. (It doesn't use versions any more, as it's designed to compare against more than just the master now. It actually lets you compare against the parent style, meaning people can customize a third party style, update the style, and see their changes that are out of date. The version numbers potentially won't be enough to help there.)

At best, when importing a style, you'll see if in the outdated list but you won't be able to do a 3 way merge with it. (You'll need to incorporate the changes by hand.)

It's sort of a known issue right now and I'm trying to figure out how best to handle it, but don't install an old style in 1.2. The outdated system only picks things up if you upgrade the installation.

This is necessary to do the merging as it needs 3 particular versions of the template and it doesn't know how to relate them correctly with a fresh install. (It doesn't use versions any more, as it's designed to compare against more than just the master now. It actually lets you compare against the parent style, meaning people can customize a third party style, update the style, and see their changes that are out of date. The version numbers potentially won't be enough to help there.)

At best, when importing a style, you'll see if in the outdated list but you won't be able to do a 3 way merge with it. (You'll need to incorporate the changes by hand.)

Comparing child style with parent is a killer-feature! Thanks!

Top Bottom