Osama Bin Laden is dead!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
spanking.gif

I'm pretty sure they didn't stop to take a pic before they wrapped him up and threw his ass overboard.
(ooops sorry, I really am being bad. I need more sleep)
Actually I'm pretty sure on CNN last night they said they took photos as well as DNA for testing. Beyond that this morning on NBC it was announced by the whitehouse that they have evidence they are just trying to find out the best way to publish it. Will be interesting to see how that portion of it played out. I will say though after all the harm this man had brought on the world, I'm glad to see that particular chapter of history end.

Reports are that he was shoot in the head, there may not be much left to ID him from a picture TBF.
I'm pretty sure they didn't stop to take a pic before they wrapped him up and threw his ass overboard.
(ooops sorry, I really am being bad. I need more sleep)

Well that's me I don't belive any of there lies (anymore)
as they say "screen shot or it didn't happen"

when i saw the footage of american ppl celebrating osamas death i feel uncomfortable, mainly they are celebrating someone else death, although i can understand their reason for doing it. I still think osama should at least deserve a trial instead of getting shot instantly. why is that a difference compare to saddam who did get a trial?
Difference is that Saddam wasn't shooting when the US came for him!

The pictures certainly were, well, not quite surprising (I don't know what the right word is), but I can completely understand the reaction. Certainly we in the UK wouldn't react like that, in the same way that we don't tend to cheer and whoop during films in the cinema!

But it won't really make a difference long term though, it just helps moral really.

Well that's me I don't belive any of there lies (anymore)
as they say "screen shot or it didn't happen"

It's always good to be sceptical, but do you seriously think Obama would make this claim unless he was 100% sure of the facts and risk being exposed as a liar a few days later? He would be a laughing stock across the world.[

Anyway, I suspect some evidence will be released in time - not that that will stop some still being sceptical.

After Saddam's sons were killed on a Tuesday, pictures were not released until the Thursday and still some people were sceptical.

There had been intense debate in Washington over releasing the photos of Uday and Qusay, as the US does not usually publish pictures of dead combatants.

Iraqis began to express doubt about the photos within an hour of their being released, the Associated Press news agency reported from Baghdad.

"I'm not convinced the pictures are of Uday and Qusay," accountant Shant Agob, 37, told the agency after seeing the pictures on CNN. [
----
Other Iraqis also were sceptical, from barbers to a former head of Iraqi military intelligence who defected to the opposition.

BBC report at the time.

It's always good to be sceptical, but do you seriously think Obama would make this claim unless he was 100% sure of the facts and risk being exposed as a liar a few days later? He would be a laughing stock across the world.[
Like Bush about the nukes? meh like I said it's me... I don't belive them :cautious:

when i saw the footage of american ppl celebrating osamas death i feel uncomfortable, mainly they are celebrating someone else death, although i can understand their reason for doing it. I still think osama should at least deserve a trial instead of getting shot instantly. why is that a difference compare to saddam who did get a trial?

Osama, just like many Nazi leaders, almost assuredly would have taken his own life long before you got him in front of any judge and jury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom