Original Poster Highlight by AddonsLab

Original Poster Highlight by AddonsLab 2.1.1

No permission to download

AddonsLab

AddonsLab submitted a new resource:

Original Poster Highlight by AddonsLab - Highlight the original poster in the threads with a ribbon on original poster's avatar

The add-on adds a ribbon on original poster's avatar to highlight the user who started the thread.

View attachment 150226

Demo at: https://addonslab.com/threads/testing-the-original-poster-addon.1/

The support will be provided here via the Discussion Thread.

If you are using the add-on please consider to rate it and let us know your thoughts.

Thank you!

Read more about this resource...

@AddonsLab Please can you add Option to select from different locations in the postbit to show the Thread Starter Text? Show text in button bar" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text in the button bar at the bottom of the post. Show icon in message area" will place the Thread Starter icon at the top right of the message area. Show text in message area" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text at the top center of the message area.

Example One:

be166a4a2ad042aab9e73288cfd283f7.png

@AddonsLab Please can you add Option to select from different locations in the postbit to show the Thread Starter Text? Show text in button bar" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text in the button bar at the bottom of the post. Show icon in message area" will place the Thread Starter icon at the top right of the message area. Show text in message area" will place the highlighted Thread Starter text at the top center of the message area.

Example One:

be166a4a2ad042aab9e73288cfd283f7.png

Thank you for the suggestion. This is definitely something we will consider to implement. We will implement the additional locations one by one or in one release.

Thank you!

Last edited:
@AddonsLab Please can you add custom theme support? When you are planing to adding implement the additional locations?

Unfortunately, we can't implement support for all custom themes for the obvious reason of having different HTML code, so our code may not get added to the template automatically, or even if it is added, it may not look as you want it to. The add-on is released and supported for the default theme. If auto-injection fails on your theme we can try to fix it. Please contact us at our Support System at https://customers.addonslab.com/submitticket.php and provide some details on how it fails and we will check.

If the auto-injection works, but it doesn't look exactly as you want, please contact your theme provider, other designers or us for further help to make it work for your theme as you need.

We will work on additional locations and release here as soon as it is ready. The next release is planned in about 3-5 days.

Thank you!

Thank you. Where is it picking up the colours from? Mine is bright orange, lol, but I don't think I use that colour anywhere on my site. Not that I'm complaining, it actually stands out more. ;)

screenshot-www.marineaquariumsa.com-2017-03-26-08-11-50.webp

Thank you. Where is it picking up the colours from? Mine is bright orange, lol, but I don't think I use that colour anywhere on my site. Not that I'm complaining, it actually stands out more. ;)

View attachment 150274

We are using the same background color as for the new message indicator, usually shown on the right side of new messages. You can find the style variable under name "messageNewIndicator" and customize the background color there.

Thank you!

One more Suggestions, Can add (OP) Tooltip on Mouse Hover (Thread Starter). Can you change your add-on title AddonsLab Original Poster Highlight to [AddonsLab] Original Poster Highlight? With a brackets [ ] then we can find out the add-on quickly.

One more issue with UI.X Styles. Why OP text are goes to Navigation top with scrolling?

5ccbee065e3e4736b71226b257cdee9e.png

Thank you for the suggestions. We will consider them.

Thank you for reporting the issue with the style. As mentioned before, we can't really support styling issues on custom themes, and even the themes from the same provider can be differently coded (as reported by @Paul the add-on works on their UI.X style without issues). So, if you are having problems making it work, please consider your theme provider, other developers or us for further help. Usually, the fix needed is a simple CSS rule, but that rule can't be included in product's package, it will be specific for your theme and should be added on your website directly.

Thank you!

Top Bottom