1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Option to make custom user field required only during registration

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by AndyB, Apr 16, 2013.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

One way I determine if a new registration is a spammer or not is to look at the custom user field I created called motorcycle. If this field is left blank or the information that is entered is incorrect obviously from a spammer, I delete the registration (I moderate new registrations).

It would be great if the custom user fields had an option to make it required but only during registration.

pic001.jpg

James likes this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's "field is required" plus "editable only once", no?

3. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I think he's meaning to say that during registration, the custom field is required to be filled in. However, if you go back and edit your profile, you can then delete the value and not receive an error.

4. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Thank you, King Kovifor, that's exactly the feature I would like to see implemented. Required only during registration, once the registration is approved, the user can delete or edit the information as they see fit.